My new beat! Please check it! I'll respond the feedback!

kmano

Hey guys, it's my second beat I ever made, Im a begginer. Would love to hear what you think, I want to get some opinions and advices from you, who are more experienced producers. Criticism will be appreciated! And I'll check your stuff of course ;)

http://soundcloud.com/kmano/nostalgia

Last edited:
Sounds good for a beginner I'd say. The drums seem a lil bit off beat but the melody is good I think. The mix needs to be clearer. Keep practicing. Good start my first beats were worst that this ;)

Return Feedback

Just like these guys above me said, better drum choice would do wonders for you. Also, mixing is probably one of the most important parts of producing even tho it gets overlooks more often then not. You have a lot of potential and I was digging the vibe a lot along with the string riff you used. Not bad at all for a 2nd beat, but you still have a lot to learn. Feel free to hit me up if you'd like some pointers or anything.

Sound Choice: 6
Mix: 2
"X" Factor/my personal feeling: 7

Overall: 5

When you get a second, if you could hit me back with some feedback, I'd REALLY appreciate it!
Link: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ixtape-famo-fb-few-tracks-fb-returned-381624/

Keep it up....It has that beginner sound but we've ALL been there so take it as constructive. As Tha5thElement said about the mix, everyone has to have their music sound crisp. Personally I like the beat....Keep it up.

Appreciate some feedback.

it really need more elements, and a decent mixing.
also the kick clashes with the piano. they play at the same time, but the kick is more powerful even if they play different frequencies.
the kick overwhelms every other element.

I think the drums sounds ok and for a beginner it's good man.. always good to see more people interested in producing, mixing. I might have missed it but I didn't see where you said what DAW you're using.. google search where your "Quantize" option is.. select your drum track and make it work.

WOW! I didnt expect to get so many reviews and opinions from you. I really want to thank for every single one. Words of criticism always keeps me motivated and more patient. And when it comes to mixing - yes, I know I have start doing this, and it's another part of making music Im not into it that much - another thing to learn. And Im glad you'll enjoyed the melody, I think it's because of me learning and practicing how to play piano, so I just grabbed a few minor chords(c,f,g etc.) and figured out the melody after a few minutes playing with the keys. And about DAW - Im using Reason 5, as it seems to be simple and clear for me. But know I also want to get into Cubase 5, because I want to sample something, and I can't do it right now with my currecnt equipment. Anyway thanks for your opinions, they are really important for me - and of course I will check your music as soon as I will step off the train and come home!

The best thing about me - I made that beat with my... laptop speakers <lol>.....I know I should be ashamed but Im in the process of saving money for the monitors, so I can get better sounds to my music. THANKS ONCE AGAIN! ;)

Back