My New album out today, Feed for feed!

first track flow too similar to Q and AR, kinda pointless track imo. man they all sound pretty derivative like Fly Life is Drake. tonight j.cole. In general he seems technically proficient but some of the verses suffer from random bars that just dont flow well cuz he doesnt continue the rhyme schemes and nothing sounds at all original.

You did a good job tho, very nice mix!

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...roso-beat-tape-feed4feed-430114/#post49555850

I like it dog. The second track is sick. Could be HAM with a knockin kick and bass line. Not like trap ham but energy HAM. I like the second track a lot.

If you could return the feed on my new beat I would appreciate it;) *The Oblivion* Beat Thread

Thx bro check out your boys links real good stuff, told yall what I thought about it over there, let's keep it coming!

NOT BAD at all...I have to listen more but I liked the intro and the first two joints....

The second track is fire! As other mentioned the low end lacks but u could easily fix it.
Rapping is top notch. Good work.

Thx for the feed, I kind of agree and disagree about the low-end comments, only because while listening over my monitors I would agree with you that the bass isn't the dominating element of the mix, but when I take a ride in the whip, or when I played the songs over super-watt speakers on our launch party, or even just cranking my monitors up nice and loud the kick and bass were knocking like I imagned they would . It's tricky cause everyone's system is different!

And yeah I generally make people do 5 takes per segment, that way I can blend 5 lanes into 1 perfect take; everyone makes mistakes even the pros! Although the good thing about working with good rappers like Amzo is that over 5 takes his timing is usually spot-on so its real easy to chop and change as I see fit.
I also posted a blog about the production that went into this album if anyone is interested it's here Eastman's Thoughts: Still Living- A Producer's Perspective!.

Il get onto yall's feedback soon as I get home!

Last edited:
I'm going to type out my thoughts as I listen.

First track is fun. I like the vibe.

Immediately different from the first. I like the music in the second track a lot, but the vocals seem a little muddy. It's still a lot of fun, but if they had a little more clarity, I think it'd be even better.

I like the simplicity of the third track a lot. I really like the rhythm of the vocals. The effects on the vocals sound cool. Weird bass sound, but it works. I wish the piano sounded a little less electronic.

Not crazy about the beginning of the 4th track. It picks up a lot once the bass kicks in. It had the simplicity of the third track's intro in the beginning, but it's not as smooth. It sounds thin, and the groove isn't that great...until the bass comes in. It's like a whole new song. I really like it at that point. The distorted/pitched vocals sound really cool, and go well with the song. Overall, I thought it was half good, which is still pretty good.

5th track is fun, and has a nice melody. The simplicity here sounds good too. Instruments are used sparingly, and, for the most part, it really works because it brings the vocals to the front, and doesn't compete with them. Oooo, I really like those multiple kick drums right before the chorus. This is a really well rounded track. I'm a big fan of the arrangement.

6th song: The synths give a spacey feel, which is fun against the pretty active drums. I like the transition into the start of the 2nd verse when half the instruments drop out. You do a real nice job of adding layers where appropriate, and only where they really keep the song moving forward. I really like this track.

Track 7: this beat has a real different vibe. It's fun, but doesn't seem like part of the same album as much as the few before it. I like those samples a lot. It feels more cohesive in regard to the album at that point. Damn. I really like this one. Probably my favorite beat so far.

8th song: I like how the first verse kind of just jumps in after the chorus...like it gets to it. Hard to describe what I mean, but it's cool. This is another fun beat. Again, you do a great job of dropping instruments in and out at the right time. It keeps the track moving forward.

My favorite was track 7. That shit was awesome. Other stand outs were 3, 8, and 6. Overall, I really liked it. A lot of great stuff on there.

I'm going to type out my thoughts as I listen.

First track is fun. I like the vibe.

Immediately different from the first. I like the music in the second track a lot, but the vocals seem a little muddy. It's still a lot of fun, but if they had a little more clarity, I think it'd be even better.

I like the simplicity of the third track a lot. I really like the rhythm of the vocals. The effects on the vocals sound cool. Weird bass sound, but it works. I wish the piano sounded a little less electronic.

Not crazy about the beginning of the 4th track. It picks up a lot once the bass kicks in. It had the simplicity of the third track's intro in the beginning, but it's not as smooth. It sounds thin, and the groove isn't that great...until the bass comes in. It's like a whole new song. I really like it at that point. The distorted/pitched vocals sound really cool, and go well with the song. Overall, I thought it was half good, which is still pretty good.

5th track is fun, and has a nice melody. The simplicity here sounds good too. Instruments are used sparingly, and, for the most part, it really works because it brings the vocals to the front, and doesn't compete with them. Oooo, I really like those multiple kick drums right before the chorus. This is a really well rounded track. I'm a big fan of the arrangement.

6th song: The synths give a spacey feel, which is fun against the pretty active drums. I like the transition into the start of the 2nd verse when half the instruments drop out. You do a real nice job of adding layers where appropriate, and only where they really keep the song moving forward. I really like this track.

Track 7: this beat has a real different vibe. It's fun, but doesn't seem like part of the same album as much as the few before it. I like those samples a lot. It feels more cohesive in regard to the album at that point. Damn. I really like this one. Probably my favorite beat so far.

8th song: I like how the first verse kind of just jumps in after the chorus...like it gets to it. Hard to describe what I mean, but it's cool. This is another fun beat. Again, you do a great job of dropping instruments in and out at the right time. It keeps the track moving forward.

My favorite was track 7. That shit was awesome. Other stand outs were 3, 8, and 6. Overall, I really liked it. A lot of great stuff on there.

Thanks for the breakdown bro, funny to read that stuff on New Crazy Swing where you are changing your opinion on it midway haha.

Agree with all the feedback about Hands On The Wheel, the problem is that I had to mix it from a 2-track so I couldn't find a "pocket" for the vocals to fit it so easily as the rest of them. Not the way I like to do things but it wasn't my call to make, so ya just gotta work with what's on the table!

Good Work, production is nice and clean sounds radio ready. Flow is nice definitely have the voice for it. although I dont hear any substance in your rap.

The intro is as it should be, it grabs the attention and goes on tight! The guy can use a lil bit of work with his flow of speech, though xD just a tad. That second track is one of the tightest, variations would be rad here, it feels the track goes on in the same level of dynamic and can use a bit more hyping later on for it to give a strengh in the musical aspect of composition...but ace track, man. Third is very chill and reminds me of other tracks i've heard (and i don't listen much to hip hop), the rapper though, needs a bit more of emotions here. Liking the ending of the 4th one! 5th, again dynamics to strenghten the composition sense. Not much into hip hop/rap similar to 6th, remind me of reggaeton and i'm not much of a fan of that genre but it does feel good and flows, it's not my style but i can appreciate when things are done right. Now 7th i like, this type of sound and style (i think you know why!) Liking how you worked the samples. Probably like it more than the first Last but not least, good style as well, wrapped it up pretty nicely. Be sure to work those dynamics (volumes, how the track developes, contrasts, etc) ;) ACE album, your rapper man will get the hang of it bit by bit.

The intro is as it should be, it grabs the attention and goes on tight! The guy can use a lil bit of work with his flow of speech, though xD just a tad. That second track is one of the tightest, variations would be rad here, it feels the track goes on in the same level of dynamic and can use a bit more hyping later on for it to give a strengh in the musical aspect of composition...but ace track, man. Third is very chill and reminds me of other tracks i've heard (and i don't listen much to hip hop), the rapper though, needs a bit more of emotions here. Liking the ending of the 4th one! 5th, again dynamics to strenghten the composition sense. Not much into hip hop/rap similar to 6th, remind me of reggaeton and i'm not much of a fan of that genre but it does feel good and flows, it's not my style but i can appreciate when things are done right. Now 7th i like, this type of sound and style (i think you know why!) Liking how you worked the samples. Probably like it more than the first Last but not least, good style as well, wrapped it up pretty nicely. Be sure to work those dynamics (volumes, how the track developes, contrasts, etc) ;) ACE album, your rapper man will get the hang of it bit by bit.

Thanks for the feedback bro, appreciate someone liked the intro too. I feel people are losing the "album concept" flow of things and just making a ton of singles. Probably the reason I liked your album so much, you haven't lost track of the concept!

Back