Music Video for Open Minded Individuals

PZbeats

Pzbeats
Hey guys! This is a brand new artist out of Austin, Texas. I'm his producer, I do the mixing and mastering for all of his work. The guy has some real solid talent. Not only that he also displays a message of truth backed by current events and biblical scripture. This really is only for the open minded person. Who can see this world in different dimensions. This is a positive movement! Would really like your guys' feedback on the video and the artists way delivering his message. Thanks F4F!!!

Last edited:
I think it's superdope overall.
Wonderful stuff.
Only two small things bother me.

1. You had me sold on the intro/opening and then you turned left with the "Average kids talking bout dey music" "We make Hitz" all of that pulled me away from the artsy fartsy beginning. I was expecting soul....maybe some singing....or really deep neo-soul rap. That haunting and interesting piano was reduced to like a crunk guy got hold of some piano playing.

2. The credits were shocking. To from that SUPER-HIGH opening quality to black and white text was too much.

Overall, it's a great thing, but it does look like two videos got merged together. I'd like to see that start keep going and be separated from the rap video middle and ending.

And I don't think we need the "open mind" disclaimer. He's doing regular rap with some religious overtones. If he was going to sing in a new and experimental style or his message was pushing the boundaries or was counter-culture, but all you did was make me think a really bad video was coming on.

I like this. Well done on the filming though.

Thanks brotha! I'm glad you liked it! It def is for the open minded individual as this man is not refering to a "religion" if you listen and pay attention to his lyrics I'm sure you could get a better idea of what he is really talking about. That this world is in need of a miracle a change in direction. Def agree with the quality issue and the switch for sure. As his producer I personally think the video was ok at best. For his first one its def a solid start. You should check out his 2 free albums to gain a further understand of the movement. Otherwise speaking out of ignrorance isn't really that accurate.

Hit up this link here

Theotherroute.com

That should navigate you to where his albums are. Def not a cliche artist from my perspective as I've worked with over 20 different artists. So I'm def clueless there. Appreciate you feedback it's def on point. Don't hate on my title it obviously got your attention didnt it? That was my sole intention.

if you listen and pay attention to his lyrics I'm sure you could get a better idea of what he is really talking about.

Is he not rapping abut his rapping ability?
A lot of fans, a lot of jams....the session ...this projection...
We got tracks, we got hitz....
it's set in stone, I'm here to take the throne (on top of a shot of the bible)
my haters want to judge....
100 grand, girls with the body tanned...

Then in this case I am WRONG. I actually thought this was a deep attempt at a metaphor. I thought he was referring to everyone else on a quest for money and fame and how he was different. I thought he meant THE BIBLE was in his knapsack. He flashed Biggie Aaliyah and Tupac. I thought there was a greater meaning. Woops.

He was sharing his music and message with girls on the street with zero sexual slant.
I actually need to pay less attention then. Lolz

I really like the piano and synth lines. Seems like the drums are pretty quiet and lack punch though. The track is dope though, and the chorus is catchy and well put together!

if you listen and pay attention to his lyrics I'm sure you could get a better idea of what he is really talking about.

Is he not rapping abut his rapping ability?
A lot of fans, a lot of jams....the session ...this projection...
We got tracks, we got hitz....
it's set in stone, I'm here to take the throne (on top of a shot of the bible)
my haters want to judge....
100 grand, girls with the body tanned...

Then in this case I am WRONG. I actually thought this was a deep attempt at a metaphor. I thought he was referring to everyone else on a quest for money and fame and how he was different. I thought he meant THE BIBLE was in his knapsack. He flashed Biggie Aaliyah and Tupac. I thought there was a greater meaning. Woops.

He was sharing his music and message with girls on the street with zero sexual slant.
I actually need to pay less attention then. Lolz

No your right you explained yourself better than in the first comment Thats my bad. I dont see how he isnt different with his deep metaphors maybe i got confused as you saying his video wasnt that good but his lyrics are very good? Cause you find me a better rapper that explains it the way he does. The biggie aliyah shot was him indicating the "free masons" are going to kill him fool hes on the "hit List" because hes exposing the world the truth brother I think we both may be misunderstanding each other. I like you tho IDK why but you real and thats hard to find and you dont take offense to things easily fresh

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

I really like the piano and synth lines. Seems like the drums are pretty quiet and lack punch though. The track is dope though, and the chorus is catchy and well put together!

Good feedback! The saying to each his own goes here. For the drums and this song its supposed to be a smooth jam not a "808" banger the feel is more in the story line of his lyrics.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed it! good mix bro.
How long has he been rhyming for? i think he will be super dope with a bit more feeling/emotion in his style and flow but all in all good shiz.

I really enjoyed it! good mix bro.
How long has he been rhyming for? i think he will be super dope with a bit more feeling/emotion in his style and flow but all in all good shiz.

Hes 22. We did this song when he was 21. hes been writing since 12 and been rapping since 18. I agree Its dope cause if you check out our site you can hear the growth and see him grow as a rapper. The new project we are working on "Back2thaPast" hes def grown since this I can vouch. heres the site if you care to investigate.

theotherroute.com

I like the song and the video. Refreshing.
Man if you Like this music you can DL the 2 free albums man. Support is always needed. The Other Route

---------- Post added 10-09-2012 at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-04-2012 at 09:37 PM ----------

Loving all of the feedback keep it coming please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added 10-10-2012 at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-09-2012 at 11:20 AM ----------

Need this video to GO VIRAL!!! please review!

Hello,

Thanks for sharing this video and the message. First I want to say that I hope this rapper knows he has a fantastic producer behind him, I really feel like you believe in him and that's the most important thing to success.
There have been some very good comments and posts so far, I hope you're reading everything people are saying. I think he is a great rapper, and with a year or two more on the mic he'll find his niche and become truly comfortable with his style. Great work, keep it up!

Rhythm and Poetry,
StuPrice/ M.R. Sidd

Hello,

Thanks for sharing this video and the message. First I want to say that I hope this rapper knows he has a fantastic producer behind him, I really feel like you believe in him and that's the most important thing to success.
There have been some very good comments and posts so far, I hope you're reading everything people are saying. I think he is a great rapper, and with a year or two more on the mic he'll find his niche and become truly comfortable with his style. Great work, keep it up!

Rhythm and Poetry,
StuPrice/ M.R. Sidd

Bro thats some of the most encouraging words I have heard!!! For reals I def try to extrapulate everyones opinion and ideas!!! Our latest video will be out in December so def be on the lookout in this forum!!! Again great wonderful feedback.

Back