Method Man Inspired Beat- F4F!

blues man

In Transition
I've been working on this Method Man inspired beat for a while now, and some critique on the arrangement of the beat. Any ideas how it could be improved? Or is the track working as is right now?

Also, I've been comparing the wav files of my songs, compared to professionals, and while they look the same peak-wise, I still am not getting the loudness of these pro tracks. Mind you, this beat hasn't been mastered, but it has a basic FL Limiter on it with the gain boosted to bring my peaks up to -1.0 dB. Is it a problem then of my RMS level of the song, or individual sounds need to be boosted as well? Perhaps the tracking lacking some mid to upper-mid presence?

Enjoy! F4F as always!

Last edited:
Most commercial songs are peaking at around -.3 to -.1 I think. But those are FINISHED tracks WITH the vocals.

I really like the....weirdness of this beat. That cello type instrument is really funky. This beat is awesome man. Really clean, great job. If it was more in my artists lane i'd pick it up but he wouldnt fit on this lol

Damn those Snares hit Nicely, this beat is definitely weird and different (i dont listen to Method Man), really like the instrumentation you used , Kick and Bass go Nicely together.Nothin to say bout the mix.
Different beat but nice.

I like the tracks feel, can't really pick out where you need more loudness unless you are talking about the kicks? Blends well and the sounds don't seem to fight for performance. Transitions work well also, not exactly my type of track but it is solid none the less. Keep 'em coming!

Nice, real nice. Dope bounce, clean sound. AG has it right about the loudness, but that's not major at this stage. Good mix and nice vibe.

I really like the strange feeling of the beat, the mix is really clean, the kicks are pretty good and the bass fits really well with the beat
nothing bad to say
keep it up man

thanks for the feedback by the way

i like this. it literally makes me think of some ODB man hahaha. Very nice, pm me if your interested in collaborating bro im always trying to diversify my sound palette

Nice/weird beat... The old school feel to it is on point! I could see Outkast on it. Funky old soul sound! Uniqueness sets it off!

Really liking this man, I agree it does have a lil 90's vibe to it...the snare rolls are a nice touch, funky bass gives the beat a nice bounce man, as I was hearing the beat I was imagining the "I'm Different" by 2chainz hook on it lol It would probably be a nice mix with that acapella. The beat is nice...I want to hear it when you have mastered it.

I really love this man! Would've loved to see Meth or ODB (RIP) on this. Keep it up! :)

I like it. It does remind me of something that would have been on Tical2000 or maybe Blackout.
Personallly I wouldnt have used that slap bass, I would have used/looked for something darker for Method Man. Something more eerie.
The drums, piano, and synth are on point tho!

Back