"Love & Love" .. SOUL SAMPLING // - HIP-HOP. - FEED4FEED

Nice smoooooooooothh sample!!! I like the chops you got goin on in it.. Idk if it's just me, but I think that snare could have been a different sound to better match the sample. The drum track could probably use some variation instead of just kick, snare, kick, snare, kick, snare(although you do add some change in the transitions). I do like this one tho dude, solid mix with a really cool vibe to it. Great work!

Check me out!

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...eams-reality-mixtape-quality-f4f-100%-411667/

Nah. I just play my drums out live on my MPD 26 into Logic via Battery 3 VST. I don't really mess with groove templates.

Man that sample is sick and your dreams sound sick like J dilla or something the snare could use an extra layer or something sounds kinda thin the kick could use a little more bass but that track is sick

Thanks fam. I layed the snare 3 times.. I've been mixing through headphones too much lately though. Still wish I had my RME Fireface 800.. it made my music appear much more detailed when I was mixing.

Last edited:
this shits dope fam... love the swing, love the overall feel of the record. i dont have anything really constructive to say other than maybe clean up the mix. the drums could be a bit more punchy and that kick could knock a little harder

Nice job on the track, but yeah that snare definitely could use some fattening up, atleast imo, lol take it for what its worth. but good job on the chops man, keep grinding.

Thanks for those observations. I played it in the car earlier and noticed how the snare and level of the sample itself were kind of lacking. I can't say the same for the kick.. that along with the bass sounded like it meshed well. Thanks for replies though.

that ****in groove is incredible man. only part i didnt like was when you kinda did that mash up beat repeat thing before the drop, wouldve tried to make it cleaner and more audible. the snare is kinda off sounding too, not exactly sure why but just sounds kinda off. but that god damn groove man, good job keep up the good work!

Yeah, the snare is kind of blunt. The chopping is mad dope, as soon as I heard it I thought (he has an MPC/MPD) for some reason. Drums could all stand a bit more knock overall. Still, good job on everything.

ooooohhh yeah that's hard.. love the feel of this... sample well worked... the beat has a bounce about it which isn't static, much more natural... crazy smooth feel... just had to take it back from the top lol, the only thing I can think to add is that if you could incorporate the vocal part of the sample into the beat... but thats just an addition sounds big as is!!!

Thanks for the feed!

- Nice sample chopping bro
- I like the drums you used as well -- that snare i've never heard before
- I like the choppy style of the hi hats
- The transitions are on point as well (the tom then the repeating snares)

Keep up the great work ... This is dope

Back