J.Cole type Banga!!!!! (F4F GUARANTEED)

frankintin

Hey what's up family!

I uploaded this track preview about 4 days ago on my SC and would like to know y'all reaction from it!

Let me know what y'all think of the beat! A Dream Within A Dream by How I'm Feelin' on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Constructive Comments are welcomed here!

Please leave some feedback of the track by commenting on the track itself on my Soundcloud page!
(and if y'all have time please check the rest of my work!)

Comments on both sites WILL BE RETURNED!!!
FEED 4 FEED, no BSing

Thanks!

I'm liking the vibe yes yes but you can get weirder with the atomosphere! Try doing some filter automation and mess around with some layers on the synths, maybe bringing in different components of the sounds layer by layer, mixing and matching and so on. Sounds good though, I'm not sure if you're not done with this track or something though, the end just fades out right when it should be getting all post-rock and epic as shit. Leaving us hanging here! Keep up the work, just i think its about time we get out of this 808 phase, this mix would be so much doper if you had some less recognizable drum samples in it with a more ****ed up beat. That's just a personal preference though :P

I totally agree with you roidquaker ! The 808s nowadays are totally being overused but they do sound well when played loud! Lets face it lol when you hear beats knocked with a good 808s composition you can't help but bopping your head to it. But I appreciate you noticing me trying to use it with a different sound. I'll try using the "layer by layer" advice you gave me, that sounds quite interesting. And as for the ending I faded it out on purpose, wouldn't want anyone using the beat without consent feel me haha! Glad you ****s with it tho!

Awesome beat! Its really relaxing and it sounds great. I think that at 0.08 and 0.10 the volume goes up to fast. 0.58 is the best part of the beat, you should make a longer version with more of this lead.
Keep it up!

you can get weirder with the atomosphere!

i agree on that. im probably only saying that since it's an instrumental though, it could potentially get in the way for a rapper. i dont listen to J. Cole (only heard Friday Night Lights) so idk if you nailed the J.Cole feel, but this is an incredibly smooth beat, just hard to really have a full opinion since its only a preview. all i can say is the direction it's going is promising, and everything sounds perfect (imo) atm. sounds like the type of beat that leaves room for the rapper to go as ham as he wants without intruding or being overpowering (good for a rapper with something of value to say), but still sets a good backdrop and atmosphere.

Heavy stuff! Don't leave us hanging like that the next time. The sounds are good, all the elements blend in well and each have its own room to breath, that's good and results with the quality it has. You should update a longer version so we could perceive how the track develops, but definitely going good. Try to vary it a bit more with the melodic aspects...keep it up!

Too damn short, I mean that in a good way. Nice chill vibe, plus the transition at the end really brought it to life. Would've really liked to see where you took it after that.
Would appreciate some FEEDBACK

this is dope sounds like a sampled beat made with synths
Drum pattern is dope i would love to see it have a little more presence so it can feel like a cole track
keep it up

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh mane, thats a wicked beat! how did you do the sample at the beginning with the repeats and the nice sound?
also what did you use for the tricky trip hop sounds?

i looooooooooooove this one a lot! it sounds as if you chopped samples and played them around! awesome!

All in All, the beat just felt a little bit too cramped. So whatever widening technique you can employ, i'd use that. I would have liked for the beat to fade in a little faster also. But as for the beat in whole, it was nice, and dope. Keep grinding.

Shits dope, especially the sample and synths but definately turn the drums up a lot a mix them a little better, like make the bass slap harder and the snare more accented. Could be amazing if thats fixed

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate the honesty behind the comments. One comment that keeps reoccurring is that the beat is too short. The purpose of this is because I just post up PREVIEWS of the beat not the whole beat itself. I just look for feedback on how the beat sounds (EQ, a mixing wise) and overall how the beat makes you feel. When I work with an artist I generally add bit more and extend the beat to the artist's liking but as for the sound itself, the vibe pretty much stays the same. I also shorten the beat so it wouldn't "leak" (other people using the beat without permission), though it hasn't happened to me yet I take great precaution so it would never happen. Aside from the comments telling me how short the beat is I appreciate the constructive criticism and apologize if the beat left you hanging (wanting more). I will soon be uploading longer version though so follow me on soundcloud if y'all want to see how they turn out to be.

I'm liking where your going with this. I couldn't see it as a full track though. Maybe an intro. I thinks just too short, but its too repetitive to be stretched to 3 minutes. If you could've added phasing, or different instruments and drops and added 2 more minutes to it, I think it would of been worth making it longer. I like the abstract sound though. Big fan of that.

Whats up frankintin, This track is dope, Im diggin that sample alot fam. Percussion sounds nice. Im diggin everything about the melodies and the pads. Good flow and rhythm. Change up is cool too. Return the feed.

Back