Huge Track. Can I get some comments?

Banesy

Hey all, this will be my first song post for comments. I was really excited to get this tracked finished so I would love hear what people think so that I can improve the craft. Thanks!!!

Artist: Banesy
Song: So Hard
Album: Here We Go
Style: Trapstep

**Edit: Updated to free download :berzerk: **

Last edited:
Nice thanks. Which ones were too harsh? Is it all of the top end or certain parts? I think that my monitoring is a little soft in the upper end so I overcompensate up there.

Nice thanks. Which ones were too harsh? Is it all of the top end or certain parts? I think that my monitoring is a little soft in the upper end so I overcompensate up there.
The highs on 1:35-1:37. idk it could be my monitors tho.
I also thought boosting the sub could do better rather than equing higher freqs.
But its very creative and cool. I like it

Cool, thanks everyone. The EQ advice helps a lot. I think the harshness is coming from some overdrive and type of exciters that I put on the mid-top section. I will def return the favors!

Good production, the vocal and the distorted bassline sounds cool, but I'm more than fed up with all the bleepy lazer sound fx's things... It's too overused in many tracks the last years

Cool track. High end might be a slight bit harsh. And I don't really hear that much sub frequencies or bass in general, but that might just be me, idk.

Cool track. High end might be a slight bit harsh. And I don't really hear that much sub frequencies or bass in general, but that might just be me, idk.

Yes, the sub is pretty low...it is in the key of E so the main beef of the sub is sitting at 41hz...which I don't love since a lot of sound systems won't reach down there. I need to plan tracks out better and put them in a key a little higher so the sub is in a more general range. I fixed a little top end...I took my overdrives and exciters and tamed them down. Thanks for the input!

I thought it sounded pretty sick. It was an interesting beat, that's for sure.

Just like everyone else said though, the highs are really harsh, I had to play it really low. I run into this problem often too at times. It sounds like it's just one particular synth with the harsh highs. I can't really tell, but if I had to guess, I'd say the problem frequency is right aroud 3khz.

Easiest way to fix that is to do a really sharp EQ drop right around that frequency. I also recommend pulling the entire song down about a decimal or two aroud 3khz. It should sound a lot easier on the ears.

*Edit*: Just saw your post above me, hope pulling the overdrives and exciters down helped!

Last edited:
I thought it sounded pretty sick. It was an interesting beat, that's for sure.

Just like everyone else said though, the highs are really harsh, I had to play it really low. I run into this problem often too at times. It sounds like it's just one particular synth with the harsh highs. I can't really tell, but if I had to guess, I'd say the problem frequency is right aroud 3khz.

Easiest way to fix that is to do a really sharp EQ drop right around that frequency. I also recommend pulling the entire song down about a decimal or two aroud 3khz. It should sound a lot easier on the ears.

*Edit*: Just saw your post above me, hope pulling the overdrives and exciters down helped!

Thats awesome, very very helpful, thanks! Yeah I think this area is a blind spot for me then.....or I am high tone deaf!

Thanks!!! Ok just to update, I re-adjusted the overdrive settings to tame them down. I also ran this through my final mastering stage to beef it out more but did some 3K EQ lowering with it. I changed the saturation that I was using as well so the track is updated to try to reduce that ear bleeding harshness. The harsh tones are very very subtle in my monitoring system but I think that I found them but I am working a little blind there. Thanks for all of the feedback! I will return the favor when I get a chance to listen to other's tracks on here.

Back