Glitchy House Sample - In need of feedback. At a creative standstill. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZEITZ

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I could receive some constructive feedback on my recent project. Right now, from what I can hear, a few sweeps and effects seems missing.

I am curious however, how does one 'stretch' the sound to where it makes full use of 3-D space without feeling like its compressed together? Reverb and delay?

Also by 'stretching', if you look on other peoples soundcloud samples, you can see the wave is relatively carved and full compared to mine. How does one do that too?

Thank you for taking your time.

Firstly i think you 3d sound issue has to do with pan. if you pan things to the sides and back it will sound more like you are in the the middle of the sound instead of in front of it. With the peaks on the wave i think that might have to do with compression but keep in mind this type of music has more crests and troughs beacause of the beat so i woulndt get too caught up on it. also matersing it will help with both if you do it right. As for the song itself i def dig it man. sounds mesh well and overall it's a good tune. for me the breakdown @ 2:45 is a bit too long and at the end you should have a sweep and swell to come back in so you dont lose energy. i think thats all for now lol. keep it up and check me out! https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ck-about-addictionf4f-always-returned-476615/

You want to be shaved at o decibels, sound louder and not clipping? You must use a lot of plugins, like: multiband compressor, maximizer, after that izotope rx3 - normalizer and declipping at 0 db . Izotope is the best imao . But first of all you must mix it very well each track in your daw, cut the freqv. below 50 hz(to gain head room) pan some instruments, add delays and reverb just a little bit, volume faders near 0 db, you must mix on headphones and on monitors also, to get the best balance. After that, izotope. Keep going !

Awesome, thank you both.

Perhaps this is suited for another thread, but when you are ready to master, what is the best commonly prefered method using a DAW? I use logic x, Do you export your track as a .wave file, then start clipping it as another project or do some people insert more plugins within the same project?

I am unfamiliar with the process so forgive my naiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back