Original Video Game Music || JRPG

Donta Black

Whats good FP fam,

I've always wanted to take a crack at composing VGM. For the RPG genre in particular. I would appreciate any and all feedback that is given. I also do not know where to start when it comes to looking for indie video game developers or a community, if anyone could help me out with that, that would be great!
Feed for feed!

Video Game Music

Last edited:
dope shit, the strings and wailing guitars are on point. The drums are what set this apart from most other rpg style soundtracks, has that slight hiphop touch. Great work. Is the "fight!" sample from street fighter?

Thanks a lot bro, I appreciate that a lot. Actually that "fight" sample is me, recorded myself on Nuemann TLM 103! lol

Sounds exactly like I took a listen to an actually video game soundtrack! In my honest opinion, though, it sounds a little too generic. I would try and experiment with different styles of composition or different instruments. I do love all of your tracks though.

Hello there, I'm new to the forum.
Very good work man, I would say you know very well where you are stepping. I wonder how long it took you to make this track.
If I may (I guess that's how it works), I'm also very much interested in composing for games and movies, but with a completely different approach. Here is the link to it.
Ops
it seems I still can't post any links. Soon I will,
cheers!
Great job!

Nice track. I don't play games much anymore but I think it would fit with some games. Maybe turn up the volume? pick up the pace. games are pretty fast.

Back