Dalmatian Nights - Orchestral track- What do u think?

Dchrisanthako

Hi everyone!

This is my first attempt at writing something for a full scale orchestra, and most people tell me it's soundtrack stuff (although I didn't intend that)... So this is it! We spent a lot of time and effort to make it sound as "real" as possible with the sound libraries and the programming. Did we come close to that or is it still too midi-ish?

B good!

Last edited:
Can't hear a trace of this being made in midi, if you ask me.

Suspense, hold and decay are well thought out, the composition is top notch, a lot of variety. Can't say a bad word.

Overall, it sounds like a band getting it's groove on, or an intro to some TV series or something as such.

Thank you @kormins

Glad to share it with you :)

Checked your "Free men" track! Loved the sound the mix and the atmoshpere! Keep it up!

Merry Xmas!

Excellent composition! The only thing that stand out as midi is sustain instruments lacking legato, the envelopes reset when they should sort of slide.

Hello,
good work!
So, I would say, the violins and the bass are the instruments that sound the more midi-ish to me. Maybe add more expression to the violins, a biger dynamic curve to each note. Like a litle mountain if you know what I mean.
The bass, I don't know why. Sounds very squared, and I'm not a fam of doubling with the piano systematically. I must say this tango groove 3+3+2 is a bit to repetitive. I would set it apart for some parts, specially because we are talking about midi instruments and metronomic groove.

Ah! Maybe add some more reverb to the mix, that might help to give some space. Love the bandoneon sound! Don't like the flutes. Never found any flute samples that sounded good.

Good luck mate!
Hope you will have the chance to listen to my track when I post it.

Cheers!

Back