Cinematic Medieval Score (First time)

Tritonn

Chronic Daydreamer
My first crack at making orchestral music, and my first time making any for a film either.
Mostly for practice though, just took a video from youtube that fit the medieval setting I had in mind.
It's supposed to be fitting, but subtle enough to fit behind the narration of a protagonist for example
(game of thrones trailer ish).
Any thoughts? Maybe it should've been more dramatic but idek because this seems to fit my vision perfectly already.

Also as you said, it could be more "dramatic" or epic in contect to this video (by adding some brass instruments for example), but it is great on it's own if you find find a fitting video to it.

I agree with GAMJoker in that I usually expect this kind of video trailer to have high-impact instrumentation. As far as the music goes, the strings were nicely arranged, but I felt the drums were out of place. Perhaps using more orchestral drums, rather than regular drum kit, would best serve the song more.

Hello,
I must say the track doesn't really make me think of the kind of atmosphere you described. I have to say I come from another background than most of the people on this forum, I guess. I'm not really into hip-hop and beats as per say. My approach would be a more orchestral score, and definitely orchestral drums or even taikos and this kind of drums, which give a more epic sound. Soon I will post some of my tracks, which go on this direction. I can not yet.
Cheers!

Back