[F4F] Childish Gambino/Macklemore beat!

S

SizzlinKola

Let me know what you think! I made some changes and added a small bridge that may or may not suck so feel free to critique! I will show back some love so make sure to leave links to your sounds!

https://soundcloud.com/sizzlinkola/cricket-2

Last edited by a moderator:
pianos sound nice, mix needs a little work, snare and kicks sit back in the mix a little bit. those synths sound nice as well . keep working!

nice beat ,
love the piano , the variations helped keep my hear listening , nice synth work right here
i think the kicks could hit a little bit harder and you just need to work a little bit on the mix
but overall nice beat.
keep it up man

thanks for the feedback by the way

The beat has a nice progressive feel to it alot of build ups and break downs, Nice keys also man, the mix sounds real good too man...that horn that comes in at the bridge sounds a bit too plastic tho, Great job on this beat man and keep it up. Thanks for the feedback on my beat, I just updated it with a remastered version and lowered the tag a bit.

Several different variations throughout the song kept it from feeling repetitive, and I enjoyed most of what others have mentioned about the use of your strings. Overall very well put together and executed.
The only thing that stood out for me (might be my own personal preference), but the trumpet from 2:20, Seems a bit flat; sounds more digital than authentic which makes it seem like there no expression being displayed. In addition, don't be confined to one octave and rythym because the trumpet is is capable of adding so much to your song if you use it as a live player does.

The beat is solid, the piano pattern and the drums rock! I like the way you put everything together and the only i thing i would add would be a little 808 layer to give the kick some boom. Keep it up bro!

Kick could be more knocking and the trumpet at 2.20 sounded cheap. Other than that, nice progressions and use of instruments. Nice idea, keep it up.

Thanks for all the feedback y'all! Really helpful! Will work on those kicks

Nice composition the piano was the highlight of the track. I would change different drum pattern something that goes better along the piano and compliment it better.

Not my type of Hip-Hop to be honest but you got your drum patterns down and there is a nice variation to the beat and it don't sound scattergun so overall good job.

I like the piano, but if you were aiming for Childish Gambino/Macklemore beat I think your beat would need to be more bass heavy maybe add a lower synth in there or something. The beginning of your beat sound like something the weeknd would sing on.

Returning the feed!

The intro to this beat was dope! I like how you created movement in the piece to by changing up the piano rhythms as the song progressed! The trumpet sample could be of higher quality though. Sounded like a cheap brass. Get up your mixing skills (or hire someone) and this shit would be bangin!

Back