Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (Remix) Would love your feedback

woah, the vocal just come out randomly, if that makes sense to you? the drop is very muddy, you should cut down the low frequencies a bit more. Nice piano intro in the beginning tho, I love the chord progression you make, do you play keyboards by any chance? cuz it sounds like you do!

Good remix, I like it. The synths are kind of thin in the drops. Need to eq them better, or find better layers that work. When I layer my synths Ill ususally make them different ovtaves or inversions of the same chord progression. Like a high one and a lower one to fill out more of the spectrum. The power lives down to 200hz so you want to fill it up down to there with the main synths.
What are you monitoring on. You need some decent headphones if you cant get monitors. I see alot of the problems are just the eqing, but the content is good. But it could be a lot better with the right production. Keep at it!
Example.....Listen to how I fill up the whole spectrum with my chord progressions

I assume you mean the drop-vocals? It's true that the drop is pretty muddy, I'm still learning how to EQ properly. What I find hard is to balance all the frequencies harmonically and not just have them blast on top of eachother!
Thanks for the compliment! I actually don't play keyboard but I tried to make the piano sound as authentic as I could.

Last edited:
Thanks! I agree that the EQ could make it sound more harmonious, it's not super intuitive to me how to make that happen though. I may need to watch some tutorials.
I'm monitoring on a gaming-headset with an overly ambitious low-end.
I see what you mean in your track, I need to get to this level of EQ-harmonization!

Last edited:
Back