ZachPayne - Stardust [Future Bass] (Feedback for feedback)

Saw you comment on another feed. Heard your track. Very solid. It's very difficult to produce and master electronic music. I dont make it as much as I used to, but that's alright.. I like your bass line. Its smooth. The only thing that I think you should consider is punchier kick and a side chain to help that. I hear the kick. I just think it might need a little more presence..especially for future bass track. Other than that, do you. :)

The stereo/width of the synths in the main drop sounds really good.
I'd say your mixing skills are pretty on point as well.
Good stuff man!

Really cool intro with the synth and piano combo. Really like the rimshotty snare also. The elements of this track are really well seperated. I agree the kick could be punchier though.
The melodic ideas are all really solid too and suit the track. The drop is great, but maybe the lead pushes your drums too far back in the mix, so i agree also to work on the sidechaining there!

Another thing that could maybe improve the track is more use of effects or sound effects to break up certain parts og the track, there are a few yes, but a few more wouldn't hurt to build tension (esp during buildups) or maybe even filtering before the drop to make the melodic ideas just a bit more pizzazzy...?

Great work anyway. Would appreciate if you could leave some feedback on my track 'core of the earth ft Juan Beattie' its in the same sub forum and it would mean a lot to me :)
Another thing to note is that your album art really suits your track so great work on that.

Last edited:
I find Future Bass annoying, as I find it time consuming to get the drop synths right but you got the balance right and the weight/impact of the synths

I think your intro is too long, its like 1min 40secs for the drop to kick in

Back