[WIP] Welcome to Psyberia

Sounds really awesome! good use of creative effects, lots of space... just needs some dithering for more alignment I think

Sounds really awesome! good use of creative effects, lots of space... just needs some dithering for more alignment I think

Thank you!

Though, from a brief search, I found that dithering refers to adding noise at a low volume into the mix when you convert to a lower bit rate. It reduces the impact of distortion caused when rounding a given sample in the waveform to the nearest index in the lower bit rate waveform.

From that, I don't understand what you mean in context with 'alignment'.

Do you mean that I should apply dithering to the file uploaded to ReverbNation?

Though, nonetheless, thank you for introducing me to the concept, I'll certainly make use of that.

Thank you!

Though, from a brief search, I found that dithering refers to adding noise at a low volume into the mix when you convert to a lower bit rate. It reduces the impact of distortion caused when rounding a given sample in the waveform to the nearest index in the lower bit rate waveform.

From that, I don't understand what you mean in context with 'alignment'.

Do you mean that I should apply dithering to the file uploaded to ReverbNation?

Though, nonetheless, thank you for introducing me to the concept, I'll certainly make use of that.
You're exactly right. Dithering is exactly what you said... but it does so much micro-stuff, that it "aligns" transients, or sounds that are part of the stereo field (maybe that's where the term "aliasing" comes from, which is smoothing out digital distortion).

You're exactly right. Dithering is exactly what you said... but it does so much micro-stuff, that it "aligns" transients, or sounds that are part of the stereo field (maybe that's where the term "aliasing" comes from, which is smoothing out digital distortion).

I see, thank you for expanding on that.

I will look into it more and give it a try.

Thanks

Back