WEIRD COUNTRY EDM using my new electric guitar - WILL RETURN FEED

Hey Unicorn!

For me I immediately notice the lack of structure and transition. I would try to include more transitional elements other than drum rolls (noise sweeps for example) as to avoid garring entries. Filter automation is another good way to introduce new elements.

The mixing on certain elements like the claps is weak, making them muddied in the mix. At other point the percussion is too busy for this kind of beat.

It sounds more like a Calvin Harris pop/edm track than country to me so I wouldn't get discouraged with the guitar! In fact the guitar was probably my favorite part :)

I'd recommend choosing a sin bass synth with less top end so its not competing with the guitar as much in the frequency spectrum.

Final piece of advice - if I were you, I would analyse a Calvin Harris track like Feel So Close and try to structure youre song in a similar way. I did this with ROSES by the Chainsmokers to better understand pop-EDM production and it helped me a lot. The structures are often much more compressed than regular house music.

Hope this helped!

Hey, I'm responding to my thread. The guitar is very uplifting and fitting. Its very pleasant. The grinding bass line synth needs a bitting more mixing though to fit in with the rest of the vibe in the song. The drums are good but kind of come in oddly. Maybe introduce them with only the kick or have a pick up fill a half measure before bringing them in to ease into the beat. This song sounds very uplifting and happy though. I'll want to check it out again. Let me know how it goes!

Hey thanks for the feedback you left on my song.

First off I love the fact you are doing something different and a little weird. This use of guitar with electronic elements is really something I like. Something I noticed about the track is it is all a bit muddied. This can occur when everything is [playing around the same "frequency" and in this case I would say its mostly in the mids with some highs like the hats and treble on the guitar. The kick drums could use a slight boost in the low and maybe take a bit off the mid high so the snare can sit through stronger. The guitar is great, I think it is the strongest and best element in the song. I feel like you should establish a bit more of a melody in the beginning before the drums really start to come in. You sort of did that with the dubstep like bass in the beginning but I feel like this can be expanded on by using a lead synth at low volume accompanying the bass synth. I think the drums could use a bit more of an organic sound by adding some reverb to the snare and hats while also adding some human touch by adjusting the individual hats and snares with volume differences rather than them all being played at the same volume. The guitar as I said earlier is great, but it needs to blend just a tad bit more with the rest of the song. you can do this by giving is some more lowmids with an EQ adjustment. Also just maybe consider adding some sidechain to the guitar for fun. if that sounds terrible with sidechain then just get rid of the sidechain (but it is good that you still tried with new things). Another last minute advice is adding some variation in the sound as a whole by maybe having a different guitar rift come in or some lead guitar pop in to add some musical story telling to the song so the listener doesnt start predicting what will happen next.

Just my two cents. Keep up the work, really cool to see you trying some new stuff.
Also sorry if my stuff doesnt make any sense, I just had some dental work done and am on some medicine.

Back