Uplifting Trance noname

jawal

Started doing music in FL Studio almost 2 months ago. I followed James Dymonds tutorials on Sonic Academy and this is my second song. The first one i tried to follow as close and good as possible but in this one i used my own samples, presets and did the synthriser in Serum. Good and bad feedback is wanted.
SAJD by Jan Walter | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Nice job for a second track man! The bass kick is overpowering through out and needs to be lowered. I can't tell if there is a snare because of the bass drum but you should definitely add one and turn the clap up. Keep at it man!

Nice chord progression, reminds me of "Gary D." if you know that DJ/producer by chance.
At 1:50min I was missing some kind of bass, e.g. offbass or bassline, at 2:20min it is back but sounds too soft in the background.
All in all great track! Would listen again.

Thx for the feedback guys!
The bassline comes back in at 2:19 but i agree it sounds like it needs the bassline from start there.
The kickdrum sounds nice to me, ive tested it on my regular stereo/car stereo and bluetooth speaker and 2 different headsets. Does anyone else find it too loud/overpowering?

Great track so far. Only thing I see being a problem is the pluck. Maybe adding a stereo enhancer and making the pluck wider would make it sound better. Also, a high pass filter to take out some of the high frequencies might also sound good. All in all sounds great so far, pretty dope trance track.

You make good use of the SFX elements to keep the beat interesting while progressing the song. It's really important to do that so people have something to chew on before you start dropping the central elements of the song later. The vocals are a nice touch to the melody to make it a little more full and satisfying to listen to. It's a good chord progression as well. It is, as you say, very uplifting and energetic. The mix is pretty balanced overall, but the kick drum seems to have a little too much higher frequency content in the transient. You could place a high-shelf filter on the kicks to attenuate the higher freq. while retaining most of its punch. Boosting the low/low-mid parts of the kick could help to fill it out a little more. Also increasing the amount of side chain compression could give the kicks a little more presence without having to change their volume. In FL Studio there are some other ways to achieve that side-chain pumping effect by using the formula controller to modulate volume levels. This is good work though! Let me know if you decide to make some changes to the mix and I can give you some feedback on that as well. Here's a link to one of my tracks on Sound Cloud.

It Follows (Original) by ToothandnaiL | Toothandnai L | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Sounds great for a second track! It'll only improve the more tutorials you watch/read. You've got another follower, look forward to keeping track of your progress. Keep it up! :)

Hey I left a comment for you on your track. Other than what I mentioned there, I think that a more apparent bassline would help the give the track some energy. Sounded really good dude. Love the trance anthem.

Here's my track if you'd like to return the favor: Future bass (chillstep?) work in progress

Last edited:
Back