[Uplifting house] Mark Smit - Night Shifts

It has a nice, catchy bass line that serves as a nice hook for the listener. It's a nice and balanced mix as always. I like that synth that you're using as the lead for the melody it goes well with your chord progression. The chord progression itself has some nice atmospheric qualities that set the mood for the track overall. Well done!

It has a nice, catchy bass line that serves as a nice hook for the listener. It's a nice and balanced mix as always. I like that synth that you're using as the lead for the melody it goes well with your chord progression. The chord progression itself has some nice atmospheric qualities that set the mood for the track overall. Well done!

I did kind of follow my head right there with the chords lol.
The thing I liked the most about this track after creating is, is the kick.
I liked this kick a lot but couldn't use it.

Thanks man!

Last edited:
Normaly when I use this kick it sounds weird in the mix.
Guess I haven't done anything to make it work before lol.

It was a good listen. I left you a comment on your song. Your song reminded me a little of "Signalrunners & Mike Foyle - Love Theme Dusk (Mike's Broken Record Mix)". Might be a good mixing reference, though it is kind of an older song.

Here's my track if you'd like to return the favor: Future bass (chillstep?) work in progress

Last edited:
Back