un - Symbiosis EP | IDM | Electronica | F4F

un_official

Hello Guys,

So we worked over a year for our debut EP called "Symbiosis".
We are a newly formed producer duo from Austria/Italy.

And these are the tracks:

"Taken"
- our most cinematic track and the first one to start off the EP "Symbiosis". Our Singer/Songwriter Dave McKendry (from Passive Elephants) really pour his soul out on this track.

"Love"
- original sound meets an unoriginal name and a heavy four-to-the-floor.

"Sign"
- a melodic track with an unheard sound and a more rough vibe.

"Real"
- a warm analogue track with a dark yet beautiful atmosphere.

Really hope you can give us some feedback on these tracks. A lot of love went into them! ;)
Thanks and as always F4F!

Best regards,
un
Clemens & Simon

PS: you can download the EP for free if you want at our bandcamp or stream it on spotify!
or Youtube

Last edited:
Well, here's my honest thoughts:

-Taken is just not for me at all, even if it seems to be well produced. It sounds like an alternative rock song, like 30 second to mars or something.
- Love is definitely the track I like the most. The beat is very limpid, the bass just follows it perfectly, the voice samples are well treated and the metallic melody sound is very nice. Even tho the all thing sounds EXACTLY like a Bonobo track (which is obviously not a bad thing anyway)
- Sign is pretty good but it's still not for me due to the alternative rock atmospheres.
- Real, although goes in the same direction of Sign and Taken, I like it more maybe cause of the beat and the Tycho vibes.

I can feel the love that went into this released and I must congratulate with you! Keep it up!

P.S. there's nothing IDM in here tho!

Cheers,

Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo thanks for feedback!

Glad you like most of it!

It's hard for us to determine the genre of our tracks. We definitely have a great mix of genres in there!

best regards,
un

Hi! :)

Really like the vocals on Taken. I like the tribal influence and the general mix sounds okay to me.

The intro of Love is sick! it really stands out in the EP. This is genuinely a track I enjoyed tbh. It's very well structured and the groove is sick. The layered vocals are cool but the best thing for me is the guitar. I love the chords too.

I did not like Sign though. I think it's too messy and some bass notes do not sit well in the mix. In general, it sounds a bit "random" to me.

Real is okay. I think it's repetitive and it lacks a well defined hook, but it still works.

The EP in general: Love is GREAT. but the other songs have too much in common (the soundesign), essentially the 2 final tracks.

Thanks! -> https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ve-electro-house-edm-4f4-541500/#post50071323

Really well done, like the overall atmosphere in your tracks!
But I personally think the Vocals in the first one could "stand out" a little bit more, but this is just the opinion of a newbie :)

Will follow you & hope you follow back!:)

Hey, all tracks are very wel mixed.

I like sign the most, very nice melody! Stays in your head!

Track love, i like the tightness of the sidechain.

I think you have developed your own sound well.

Do you mix it yourself??

Maybe you can listen to my house track where im working on at the moment. (im not good at mixing)
It is very different from what you guys do though!

Thx in advance.

Bizzey with a house track. (F4F)

Thank you very much!
It is funny that everyone likes a different track of our EP
Yes we mixed and mastered the Ep by ourselves
-un

taken: fucking love the percs! issa good track overall but those drums really stand out to me. well done!
love: excellent track! everything about the mix is on point, it's got layers for days and it doesn't sound exactly like anything I've heard before. super dope!
sign: I liked it, but I think the vocals are a bit too repetitive. Also for some reason, to me it sounds like "I feel the sun", not "sign", but that's super nitpicky lol
real: fucking sweet! It lowkey reminds me of Tycho and Phaeleh, who are two of my favorite artists of all time!

I dropped some love on it on SC and added it to my "chillax" list on spotify. You guys nailed this one!

hi there, returning feedback

imo all the tracks are label-worthy professional pieces, kinda mrsuicidesheep material, can't give much of advice or anything, you guys are way ahead of me

I dig Real the most, will listen to that for a while :) really smooth stuff, you got yourself a new follower

I listened to "Sign." A lot of interesting percussion and FX going on. I think it would be cool for the vocal to have more stereo width. Also, a bit less going on in the low/low-mid range might bring about some more clarity. Overall, it's really good. Great work!

Hey bro,

I checked your track "Real" and man I am in love with the entire ambience. How did you compose it in such detail? Your style is totally new for me and the way you put everything together just is perfect. Very original.

I would try to spice it up a little bit more with various drum patterns and especially percussion. Also using more panning, check the HAAS effect on YouTube, it can give your music a bigger and more detailed atmosphere!

Back