Two Tropical-House Tracks

These tracks constitute two parts of a 3-track volume of tropical/eclectic progressive house. Each track is pulling from the same collection of tropical percs, drums and effects to really explore the arrangement, atmosphere and interactions between various elements of the music. I don't want to emphasize the sounds being used so much as I want to demonstrate the different ways they can be used/exploited. Let me know what you think in the comments and be sure to include a link to a track that you'd like me to critique.

1)

2)

Terminus song has a really good beat, and it matches well with the lead vocal ish sounding sound. Would probably prefer if the song progressed faster.

The mix sounds good and balanced overall. Though, the mid frequency content of those chopped up voices seems to be a little overbearing at times. Other than that you may want to add a little more low end to the mix because your vocals are coming through nicely but they have nothing really supporting them. The production quality and clarity is superb, keep it up!!

Thanks! I can see what you mean with the vocal chops being a bit overbearing (especially at the end). Add it on spotify if you like it ;)

Really loved that bass in Terminus. Must be honest, I didn't quite get the tropical feel in the track but I thought it was an awesome track none the less.

These tracks constitute two parts of a 3-track volume of tropical/eclectic progressive house. Each track is pulling from the same collection of tropical percs, drums and effects to really explore the arrangement, atmosphere and interactions between various elements of the music. I don't want to emphasize the sounds being used so much as I want to demonstrate the different ways they can be used/exploited. Let me know what you think in the comments and be sure to include a link to a track that you'd like me to critique.

1)

2)

Thank You for the input! I see what you mean about the track not being 'tropical' through and through. Some of the percussive elements in Shangri-La were tropical in a way but, the melodic synths were something else. I'll leave my critique on your sound cloud profile.

[FONT=&quot]Very nice production quality, super clean and clear. The vocals are also well recorded and they sit in the mix very well. They array of percussive/transitional elements are really arranged well to give those buildups a nice, crispy sound. Your management of your sounds is nice and balanced too, every sound has its place and they work. Keep this up!

[/FONT]

Back