Tropical House Tracks

NorthernLights

Hey guys,
I am a tropical house artist and I am looking for new listeners and critique on my work. Be brutal and have a nice day! My SoundCloud is "NL_edm" (NL was taken -_- by someone who doesn't make music) and the track is called Are You Still Here.

-NL

Hey NL!

Your song structure needs a lot of work. I get lost easily with what the idea of your track is and end up confused. I'd recommend copying the structure of a more popular dancehall (because I refuse to call it Tropical House) tune like something recent from JBeibs or anything by Major Lazer. Other than that, some of your sound selections dont suit/compliment each other such as using what sound like saw wave techno and electro leads in whats supposed to be Caribbean inspired music.

I hope these comments help!

Please check out my new track at bit.ly/alexrosebounty and bit.ly/alexrosebounty2

Cheers!

I agree with alexrose, you got the basic understanding of what you need to do but you should watch some tutorials on how to make the quality of your synths better, louder and different (by fx processes)

Back