[Trap] AVGHOST - Euphoria (F4F)

AVGHOST

Hello! Thank you for stopping by to check out my song. I am looking forward to your unfiltered comments, and appreciate any feedback!

I am just starting (again) with music production, this time with a desire to share my work with others and collaborate with anyone interested. I am currently in love with Future Bass and Trap, and that is not to say I don't like just about any type of EDM subgenres, but will be focusing on those two for the time being.

I really had fun composing this piece, and keep feeling like some mastering could be improved. However, I will leave you to decide! :)

Soundcloud
Youtube

Last edited:
Great work AVGHOST. Varied and fun to listen to throughout. I especially like the sound effects you put in at 1:30 which help keeps me interested in the track. The only aspect I would work on is mixing the drums. Some claps and snares sound too low in the mix and then later sound too high.

By the way, I just noticed that you time the drum kick with the pulsing of your logo. That's a neat touch.

Thank you for the feedback, Battlegun! After reviewing the track a bit more I do agree that the drums, and especially snares, need more touch up. This was probably the first time I tried layering different types of percussion on each other in some areas, and in some just soloing different parts, and all without added volume automation to keep things leveled. I'll keep that in mind on my next projects!

Happy New Year!

I'll start by saying that trap music isn't my main genre. That being said, I do like this track. It gives me some kind of crime vibe if that makes any sense. Melodically I have no objections. The only changes I would make is:

- lowering the volume of the snares that come in at 1:09 (and wherever else they appear)

- perhaps adding more bass around 1:15 (and the other "drop" or whatever you want to call it). Either that or the bass is too low for my headphones to pick up well.

Great track regardless, keep producing, and Happy New Year.

Thank you for the feedback, AInclan! I seriously appreciate you taking the time to take a listen, considering your expectations probably weren't the highest. :)

What you said about the bass is interesting, because the drops have the loudest parts with 2 layers (maybe 3...I honestly can't remember now) of different basses, and it's supposed to be the loudest/most exciting part of the track. Even the audio spectrum in the video shows the bass higher than in the "verses". I say this is interesting because I look at it as a problem to solve. The bass is muddier than I would like, and I believe I just have to do a better job at separating the frequencies on various instruments so each stands out better, but I will also look at possibly adding a higher-pitched bass line to accent the lows and subs. Thanks for pointing this one out!

Best of wishes and Happy New Year!!!

Back