[Trance] New Track: Averisina - Tilt-Shifted (Free Download) F4F

Averisina

2 Handed Knob Twister

https://soundcloud.com/averisina/tilt-shifted-free-download

Hi all,

I was wondering what anybody thinks about my new track. I won't be updating this track, but I am looking for feedback on how I can improve - whether it's mixing, transitions, track structure, improving synth sounds, writing better melodies, etc. Does the music sustain your interest? If not, what could make it?

Also, if you are looking for feedback on your track, please let me know where/which one, thanks! :p

u should work more on effects and mixing the track better !! its good but always u have too give the main lead HARD delay..
arp should feed the track better :P BTW try too use spectrum on all of the channells its working nicely ... and u dont have too use effect in front of the track when the loop is going..

GL

Are you talking about effects already in the track are weak, or incorporating more effects? Ty

im talking about the effect u have.. its like we will going too listen a nice track but reverse hats coming in and we get interupted..
lower all the volume of the effect u have.. u can group them (all the fx) and then mixing them in the background of the Track.. the u will get pure sounds in the front and some Clean effect in the background..
if ur using ableton group them all > put a reverb and freq shift effect,, tune them in the group all the effect and then lower the return send channel and then u will hear the effects in the background Hardly and u will get ur track CLEAN and effects into the track without interupting the listener

Cheers

Okay, arastoo. I think I've got you now. I will experiment doing this. In fact, I think I was going to do something like this as the track was coming together but never put it into action. Not using ableton. I'm in FL12 but I can do as you suggested. I'll definitely trying this out, thanks. Also, let me know if you are looking for feedback on anything.

Hi Adamday, thanks. I realize these things don't sit as well as they could. I'll be leaving you feedback shortly

I've never heard a trance track switch time signature from 4/4 to what sounds like a two-section 'bridge' in 6/8; well done on doing something new. It has plenty of changes all the way through to keep my interest, although I prefer the chord changes of the last section to the single chord of the first section. The only suggestion I have is about the melodies. Most of the notes seem to be 1/8 of a beat in duration. For me, a good melody uses a mixture of notes of different length. The same goes for a good arpeggio. All that said, I like the track.

Thanks garryknight, you've got some good suggestions there. I'll have this on my mind for next time;)

PS Let me know if you are looking for feedback on anything or have music I can hear

Not looking for feedback myself but as a budding trance enthusiast your on the right path .. your kick sounds tight but i would bring the bass up a touch on par with the kick .. the transition to the triplet bassline could be a bit smoother too but like i say your deffo on the right path! keep it up mate

Thank you for the feedback in my thread earlier, much appreciated.

I am not a big fan of trance, I would go as far as to say I really, really dislike trance, but I don't feel that way towards your track.

You ask about ways to improve the mix and I agree, if you want to make more "conventional" trance sounds you need more delay, reverb etc. but what I like about your track is that it is so dry. It's like a trance track but it has a completely different sound than regular trance, mixing-wise, which immediately grabbed me and which I think is very cool and sets it apart.

I would actually explore keeping this sound and trying to develop it, since to me it makes it instantly unique and sets it apart in a good way.

It's pretty nice. I'm getting a bit of a Will Atkinson/Simon Patterson vibe from it. you've got your rhythm in there. i'd say add a bit more percussive layers though. and make the snare longer. I've attached a bounce of a snare from a project I've been working on. It's 138 bpm.

I like the phased sequence in the intro and the bass. The bass feels a little empty, a few extra layers would do it much good. I'd advice adding a bit extra transient to your kick, and just cutting everything from about 40Hz and below from the kick, as it's stuff you can't hear but will interact with your subs, and trance kicks don't need a whole load of sub, as quite a lot of the power is carried in the basslines

As a trance producer to trance producer, I wonder what you think of my latest work

Link Below bc it doesn't let me post private SC URLs
Leningrad V2 by Enceladus | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thank you for the feedback in my thread earlier, much appreciated.

I am not a big fan of trance, I would go as far as to say I really, really dislike trance, but I don't feel that way towards your track.

You ask about ways to improve the mix and I agree, if you want to make more "conventional" trance sounds you need more delay, reverb etc. but what I like about your track is that it is so dry. It's like a trance track but it has a completely different sound than regular trance, mixing-wise, which immediately grabbed me and which I think is very cool and sets it apart.

I would actually explore keeping this sound and trying to develop it, since to me it makes it instantly unique and sets it apart in a good way.

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to listen to a track of mine.
Yeah I've been developing this style little by little. I'm kinda in this situation where I want to have better sound design now (especially in the FX dept).. sounds that wow people by themselves, but I also like this unique style that I've developed.
I think my mixing is coming along a bit better, especially in my last 4 tracks (this one is a bit old, hehe).
Thanks for the kind words,

A

It's pretty nice. I'm getting a bit of a Will Atkinson/Simon Patterson vibe from it. you've got your rhythm in there. i'd say add a bit more percussive layers though. and make the snare longer. I've attached a bounce of a snare from a project I've been working on. It's 138 bpm.

I like the phased sequence in the intro and the bass. The bass feels a little empty, a few extra layers would do it much good. I'd advice adding a bit extra transient to your kick, and just cutting everything from about 40Hz and below from the kick, as it's stuff you can't hear but will interact with your subs, and trance kicks don't need a whole load of sub, as quite a lot of the power is carried in the basslines

As a trance producer to trance producer, I wonder what you think of my latest work

Link Below bc it doesn't let me post private SC URLs
Leningrad V2 by Enceladus | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Hello there, thanks for listening! Any secrets for making snares longer? Are you elongating the waveform, combining waveforms or adding reverb? I've done some perc layers in the past, but with not too much success. THe snare you have there sounds fat. Are you usually just layering kicks and snares or hats too?

Agree with you on the bass. It's not that great and it seems kinda clunky, I'll have to experiment with changing it. I'll check the EQ on my kick; it's probably already cut, but i'll see for sure. Another thing that has to go is the white noise. It's overpowering.

I'll be sure to give you feedback on your track. thnx

Hello there, thanks for listening! Any secrets for making snares longer? Are you elongating the waveform, combining waveforms or adding reverb? I've done some perc layers in the past, but with not too much success. THe snare you have there sounds fat. Are you usually just layering kicks and snares or hats too?

Agree with you on the bass. It's not that great and it seems kinda clunky, I'll have to experiment with changing it. I'll check the EQ on my kick; it's probably already cut, but i'll see for sure. Another thing that has to go is the white noise. It's overpowering.

I'll be sure to give you feedback on your track. thnx

There are a few ways. stretching is one, just make sure to do it with a snare that's already quite long, otherwise the snare will sound very grainy. I personally layer the snares quite a lot. I have a snappy snare for my transient, a little high-passed white noise channel at a low volume lasting the measure and a longer snare. I throw them into a bus and I then compress them to make them sound like one unit and I EQ out all the lows, because you dont need them in a snare, and it also makes sure it doesn't fight with your Mid basses and subs. and then I add a long reverb and I bounce them, and then I cut it at the end of the beat. What you do with the bounced version is up to you. I personally add a whole bunch of compression to make it sound full and angry, and give it extra transient. A bit of saturation helps a lot too. I'll see if I can post a tutorial on how to get a good trance snare on youtube at some point. might help a few people out. It took me a long time to get the snare right

I layer my hats a lot, but I think for me thats to create a load of diversity in the rhythm. I have a few percussion loops running normally too.

With kicks I just compress a lot I have a video on youtube that's a playthrough of a track but I give brief glances at my FX chains, i've timestamped the fx for the kick. sometimes i'll layer a kick, if it has a good transient I'll make sure that I keep that transient and I fade out after it, and then I'll find a kick that has a good tail and I'll fade in the tail. Kicks can be a lot of work not gonna lie but I'm lazy so I just over-process one kick until it sounds fine. You do have a solid kick though:D

Back