This Too Will Pass (Original) F4F

Awesome production dude, I wish it had an upper melody but that's just my personal preference. Great song man.

Yeah, I know what you mean about a lack of higher freq. content. That buzzy/distorted bass I'm using takes up a big part of the frequency spectrum being so loud and full of harmonics. And I wanted some of the higher-end content of that bass getting through the mix. I could maybe add something in the middle of the track when the bass isn't present. Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it!

Yeah your production is really good! You have a lot of really intense/interesting sounds but it never sounds harsh, lots of energy. I can't even really think of criticism to provide for it, you could maybe have some more emptier areas to let it breath a little more but like some drops or breakdowns but I don't think that's the style you are going for.

Here is a one of my tracks if you would like to hear, feed back welcome. It's kind of a chill trappy style track: Blackthunder Henry - The Places You Will Go by Blackthunder Henry | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Giggleboo, I listened to your track and think that it's well mixed and balanced. It seems to be a minimal approach to the genre which I think sounds a lot better than trying to make it as loud and overly dramatic as possible. The only thing I noticed in the mix is that there seems to be a slight build up of resonance around the 1-2kHz part of the spectrum. I wouldn't say that it's too loud, it's just something I would have turned down a few dB if I were the one mixing it. Honestly, I don't see that as a 'problem', it's really just a matter of personal taste. Also, the glitchy effects that you include are well placed and effective at making the drum beat interesting with out trying to do too much and losing the audience. Overall I'd say it's well produced, sounds professional and I think you should keep going in that direction, it suits you!

Thanks, preciate that. And thanks on the 1-2khz too good to know. Yeah I definitely think this is my style like kinda chill with a lot of space.

Back