Timeless - trance [original mix]

dARTfader

Was testing some new plugins from the komplete 11 package. Made this track in under 2 hours.
Will probably add some stuff later on, but the main structure is oke i think.
Maybe some feedback will help to enhance the track further more.

PLugins used and spire, kontakt 5 and some samples from the vengeance package.
For mastering i use bx-control-v2, lufitkus, tdr vos slick eq, molot and limiter no6 (most of which are free for download).

Hope you like the track and spend some of your valuable time to comment. If you need me for some comments on your track feel free to ask.

Cheers,
TMD

Wow man this track really does sound "timeless" lol. Reminds me of those older trance songs from the 90's. Anyways, since you made this track in only 2 hours, I'll keep the feedback consice. Kick is a little weak, could use more compression and EQ techniques. Hi hats are good, but are aliasing so I guess there's a bit too much high energy in them. Synth mixing is perfect, love that you used the whole stereo range to get the song wide. I would also like to hear a bit of side chaining with the kick and synths to give it a more modern, pulsating feel. Overall, I'd say for a song that was made in only 2 hours, this is pretty superb homie! Keep it up, can't wait to hear a well crafted track by you.

Here's my thread. Let me know what you think!

Thank you for your feedback klzthe13th. I added a bit more sidechaining to the track and enhanched the kick. I will listen to your track now and try to comment.

Cheers,
TMD

This is a well composed and well mastered song. Definitely reminiscent of classic early-mid 90s trance.

Opinion: Not exciting enough. For me, the main reason is that you don't sell the "hook" enough. The lead synth should stand out more in the first half, and be turned down for the OTHER lead synth (which should also stand out more) in the 2nd half of the song . You should turn up the volume or have another instrument on top of it playing the same notes.

Back