[Techno/house] Valdemar – Pelican

Somn

Bass

It's been a few months since I made this track, but I got such good response when I posted my other one (only released two so far) so I figured I should give this a shot.

The mastering is a bit meh in my opinion (wholly my fault since I had a go at it myself). Let me know what you think, what could've been better and if you need a download :)

Appreciate all feedback and will try to get back to you and your thread asap.

v

Hi There I like the vibe. but in my opinion the snare sounds a bit weak also in terms of mixing I feel the bass/basses sound a bit weak. I try to have one element as the main bass and then if you are not getting enough rumble from that sound layer it with a sine wave. and then cut the other mid bass sounds to tidy up the low end this also helps the kick to punch through.
Good effort though I enjoyed it

Thanks a lot, appreciate the feedback. :)

Yeah I would probably had a more sturdy sub bass going if I decided to redo the track today.

Yo this is dirty! I could definitely imagine dancing to this in a club on molly! You nailed the UK vibe for sure. I agree with the other guy that the snare is a bit weak, but I think the bass and mixing in general sounds good.

Hi!
Nice track, good vibes, I like it! When it starts, the hihat groove gets the listener into the right mood instantly. The track is filled with great movements, it's interesting all the way to the end. The snare might use a bit of tweaking, but I think it doesn't have to be much stronger because of the mood of the track. Also doesn't it come in too early?
The only thing that disappointed me was that the track started to bend into house music more and more. This one is just a personal opinion, not very constructive : D

Yo this is dirty! I could definitely imagine dancing to this in a club on molly! You nailed the UK vibe for sure. I agree with the other guy that the snare is a bit weak, but I think the bass and mixing in general sounds good.
Thanks a lot!

Hi!
Nice track, good vibes, I like it! When it starts, the hihat groove gets the listener into the right mood instantly. The track is filled with great movements, it's interesting all the way to the end. The snare might use a bit of tweaking, but I think it doesn't have to be much stronger because of the mood of the track. Also doesn't it come in too early?
The only thing that disappointed me was that the track started to bend into house music more and more. This one is just a personal opinion, not very constructive : D

Thanks! Yeah, I can get what you mean regarding techn vs. house. The song is kind of bang in the middle between the two so whichever way it goes it's gonna be further from the other one. In the end I am a house head but would be fun to do a techno edit at some point! (and to fix that snare)

Props! For me it's a good thing how you brought the two genres together. Just as a minor suggestion from my personal point of view: The reverb on some of the elements could be a bit less wet.

Props! For me it's a good thing how you brought the two genres together. Just as a minor suggestion from my personal point of view: The reverb on some of the elements could be a bit less wet.
Thanks!
YeahIyou are right about the reverb. That is a common mistake of mine - adding on too much space and reverb. Finally getting better at it after who knows how many years of producing, but I guess I just like adding space to stuff. I'm a big shoegaze fan, and in that genre everything is absolutely drenched. Dabbling in techno and house has really helped push my mixing in the right direction as a lot of things need to stay crystal clear and defined in order to get a good tightness on the floor.

Back