[Techno / Grime] Valdemar – SLOOOW

Somn

Bass

Hello.
This is my new track Valdemar "Slooow" off my EP Late Modern.

Really would've liked to add the genres bass, deep house, house to the header but felt it started to turn into a parody.
Anyways. It's a dark and high-energy techno & instrumental grime track. Jumpy 2-step beats, thumping subs and aggressive bass lines. Field recordings and indecipherable vocal echoes. Made this one with a club floor in mind. Also available on Spotify.

Let me know what you think. Will gladly return feedback if you post a link to your thread.

My Facebook page.

Last edited:
Hey dude!
Sounds great, there's only one sound I don't really like (which comes in around 1:10) and unfortunately it's the main melody.
You made a great work with the drums imo. You'll probably get better critcism from someone with more mixing skills than me.
Thanx for sharing, man!

This is really cool. I love the drums and sounds overall.
The main bassline could use some variation in my mind.. just a different segment or two to break it up and push it over the top.

Hey dude!
Sounds great, there's only one sound I don't really like (which comes in around 1:10) and unfortunately it's the main melody.
You made a great work with the drums imo. You'll probably get better critcism from someone with more mixing skills than me.
Thanx for sharing, man!
Haha, I appreciate the honesty! Just not everyone's "cup of tea" I guess. Went for a very "grime" bass line as the main melody. Glad to hear you're digging the beat!

This is really cool. I love the drums and sounds overall.
The main bassline could use some variation in my mind.. just a different segment or two to break it up and push it over the top.
Yeah, I think you might be right. I kinda abstained from doing so, but in a lot of UK bass, the lines finish off in a different way once it gets to the fourth repetition. Classic trick. Thank you for leaving feedback!

I like it so much!
Thank you, I really, really appreciate hearing that!

Interesting track man,

I thought the percussion you used at the start was pretty unique and pretty well done so props on that.

I thought that the snare you used in the two-step was sticking out a bit to me, so i'd look at blending that into the drums a little more smoothly.

Bass's were cool, but would have been nice for them to have a bit more movement, there such a vocal point of this track and they're quite static.

Also, on your final drop the levels seem to be a bit off, the drums should be a little louder in relation to your top bass/melody to make sure the rythm and groove is established.

I would have liked to hear more of that echo type vocal you used near the end too, that was dope.

If you get a chance heres a thread I put up, and I'd love to get your take:
Future Bass Remix

Interesting track man,

I thought the percussion you used at the start was pretty unique and pretty well done so props on that.

I thought that the snare you used in the two-step was sticking out a bit to me, so i'd look at blending that into the drums a little more smoothly.

Bass's were cool, but would have been nice for them to have a bit more movement, there such a vocal point of this track and they're quite static.

Also, on your final drop the levels seem to be a bit off, the drums should be a little louder in relation to your top bass/melody to make sure the rythm and groove is established.

I would have liked to hear more of that echo type vocal you used near the end too, that was dope.

If you get a chance heres a thread I put up, and I'd love to get your take:
Future Bass Remix

Thanks a lot for your feedback. All good stuff. Glad you're liking the beat. I make techno-ish music but really want to avoid the beats being pure techno. So I try to draw inspiration from dubstep, Burial and the like.

Left a comment in your thread as well.

really cool track! melody could use a little bit of work however xD
Thanks a lot!

While I really appreciate the input regarding melody, I don't agree. It's very simple when compared to EDM and house and such, but I really wanted to draw inspiration from the 2-note basslines in grime this time round, just pure aggression and impact, with more focus on timbre and energy than melody for a change.

Back