[Tech House] MarkS - Just Talkin (F4F Guaranteed)

MarkSmh

Hey guys,

I proudly want to present u guys my new track "Just Talkin".
It's a pretty up-tempo tech house song with a really juicy subbass and alot of percussion.

Tell me what u think and post ur track below ur comment if u want me to listen to it.

- MarkS

Hmm personally I think the crash itself sounds fine but the downlifting like one is pretty weak sounding I probably replace that in the end.

I need to fix the transition to the break and outro, thanks for the feed!

Yeah I like this. Mix sounds great here. Nice 90's vibe, good solid groove.. all good!
But the overall composition is very predictable.. that on it's own isn't bad, but combined with the classic sounds it becomes too safe.. it sounds like a lot of other tracks.
That's a compliment to the professional mix, great sound choice, etc.. but as someone who goes to parties and likes to dance to this kind of stuff, and has done so for a long time,
there's nothing that really grabs me by the endorphins ;)

If I was recutting it, I would completely do away with the break/drop in the middle, just keep the beat going throughout, maybe flip through some different hihats and percussion to keep the interest
on it. Think about the dancefloor. The DJ would only bring it in full tilt around 1:30 (when the bassline comes in), people are all like "fuck yeah, let's dance" and a couple of bars later.. poof, the beat
is gone! That's the point where you should surprise them, introduce something new. It's a call and response type thing, build and release. "Okay, so you think that's groove.. how about this?"
It could be something as cheesy as adding a cowbell on the off beat (I'd advise against it, but it works).

After that, you could drop the beat for some release.. but I simply wouldn't. Just keep rocking it, and adding on to those chord stabs and that female vocal sample for the build and release.
Drops and breaks get old fast, good grooves don't.

Yeah I like this. Mix sounds great here. Nice 90's vibe, good solid groove.. all good!
But the overall composition is very predictable.. that on it's own isn't bad, but combined with the classic sounds it becomes too safe.. it sounds like a lot of other tracks.
That's a compliment to the professional mix, great sound choice, etc.. but as someone who goes to parties and likes to dance to this kind of stuff, and has done so for a long time,
there's nothing that really grabs me by the endorphins ;)

If I was recutting it, I would completely do away with the break/drop in the middle, just keep the beat going throughout, maybe flip through some different hihats and percussion to keep the interest
on it. Think about the dancefloor. The DJ would only bring it in full tilt around 1:30 (when the bassline comes in), people are all like "fuck yeah, let's dance" and a couple of bars later.. poof, the beat
is gone! That's the point where you should surprise them, introduce something new. It's a call and response type thing, build and release. "Okay, so you think that's groove.. how about this?"
It could be something as cheesy as adding a cowbell on the off beat (I'd advise against it, but it works).

After that, you could drop the beat for some release.. but I simply wouldn't. Just keep rocking it, and adding on to those chord stabs and that female vocal sample for the build and release.
Drops and breaks get old fast, good grooves don't.

Thanks for the amazing feedback!

The break was only this long because that would make the elements going into this track more interesting and pop out -especially the subbass.
I had a cowbell pattern in there aswell but... yeah sounded too cheasy.
Honestly I need to make more of these kind of tracks to get some more experience with it.

I orginally wanted to make a comment on ur track saying I use FL studio aswell but that whole message was deleted by accident lol.

Thanks for the comment man appriciate it!

Oh btw the vocal is a male :p

Agree completely with localspace. Overall, it sounds great. Well composed, mixed, and mastered. Sounds professional. Would sound right at home in an opening set or background at a bar/lounge. I agree with localspace that there's nothing in the track that grabs you (by the endorphins, as localspace puts it :-)) and really makes you want to listen or jame; that would require some significant changes in composition and arrangement I think. But that's not necessary; there is plenty of need for tracks that just sit nicely in the background and set the mood, and I think that's what this track does. I'd play it in an opening set or background at a bar/lounge.

Really nice track man! I have send you a message at Soundcloud!
Good vibe cause of the subbass and variation because of the diference in percussive elements!

Agree completely with localspace. Overall, it sounds great. Well composed, mixed, and mastered. Sounds professional. Would sound right at home in an opening set or background at a bar/lounge. I agree with localspace that there's nothing in the track that grabs you (by the endorphins, as localspace puts it :-)) and really makes you want to listen or jame; that would require some significant changes in composition and arrangement I think. But that's not necessary; there is plenty of need for tracks that just sit nicely in the background and set the mood, and I think that's what this track does. I'd play it in an opening set or background at a bar/lounge.

Yea I mixed without a limiter and then push the sound a bit with the mastering tool, it worked pretty well on this track so far I can tell :p.

This track is not really like massive but rather quite subtile so yea I could really live with ur thoughts.
Hopefully my next track will be more of a banger but I guess only time can tell! :)

Thanks alot for the feed!

Last edited:
Really nice track man! I have send you a message at Soundcloud!
Good vibe cause of the subbass and variation because of the diference in percussive elements!

Thanks!

I cant reply on SoundCloud, because I am on mobile (which doesnt support PM's somehow), I will try to send u a message tomorrow. Maybe through a pm on this forum.

the sub and percussion are great nice groove i see this track good as it is nothing to change , keep it up !

What a fab track! Love the retro-vibe, a solid 90:s house track. Looking forward for some more, so added soundcloud... Damn, this was smoth :)

What a fab track! Love the retro-vibe, a solid 90:s house track. Looking forward for some more, so added soundcloud... Damn, this was smoth :)

Sure, currently in a mind block (nothing sounds good lol), but will be coming back hard after my exams, thanks man!

I'm listening on laptop speakers through headphones..

Mix sounds really good. Kick is hitting right. The bassline is groovy. I think you could pump it up some more tho. The hi hats feel a little loud to me. It may be the panning effect you have with the hi hats that's making it seem that way.

I'm listening on laptop speakers through headphones..

Mix sounds really good. Kick is hitting right. The bassline is groovy. I think you could pump it up some more tho. The hi hats feel a little loud to me. It may be the panning effect you have with the hi hats that's making it seem that way.

Thanks, Yea maybe a bit more sidechaining would do the job, but I got other projects now I left this one behind, will take it with me in the future though!

Thanks man!

Back