[Tech House] I Cant Remember

Edit: Vocal less, a lot more changes!
Edit: made the bpm higher and the bassline more tight ;)

Last edited:
I can barely hear bass in yours. Mine or your speakers have wrong setup :D
Thought more variations would be better, but that's me, guy who does not listen to tech house.

You know what you're doing, good luck.

Maybe tighten up drums to me more minimalistic, with proper vst's and setups. To sound more tight and compresed. Only real constructive critisizm i can give.

Hey thanks for the reply!

I think it's hard to tell, the only bass is the subbass that I got going untill like that basriff that's later in the track.
For me, I know what the bassline is going to be like so it's not hard to hear for me hmmm..

I did already tight up the drums alot (compared to what is was), I currently think the drums are a bit loud but that's fine.
The thing is if I turn down the bassdrum then I am afraid that it's getting muffled into the mix..

I need to experiment on it I think or maybe get new headphones!

Thanks for the critisizm!

Kick is fine. Hihat for example is kind of not tight, just the sample itself. chord sint is also melow open synth patch, it's not ripping fast, stab, or some super flow sint patch. 2:00 this arp new sound, also sound patch itself doesnt sound tight.

I guess that's what I ment. But it's just me, I don't know much about tech house at all. Composition and melodies are really nice in my opinion.

Thanks,

Uhm I am not sure, I like the texture on the intro hihat and the otherone is just a 808 or 909 hihat i remember.
Yea the synth is a problem, I am going to buy a new synth because all these patches sound kinda warm and hollow I was trying to find a layer but couldnt find it or make one.

Once again thanks for ur comments, these help me alot :)

Very nice man, right up my street!

On the first listen I wasn't too mad on the Arp synth in the break, but I listened a few more times and it grew on me, its actually really good!
The snares/clicks that come in around 0.45 are class, I like the way they bounce off the lead sound, but feel they good do with some tweaking not sure what exactly but feel they could be better

I like the bassline, but also feel that could be fuller or warmer, very hard sound to achieve I know, but it would defo improve this track greatly

The claps are a little weak/dry, check out some of Patrick Topping, Darius Syrossian and the likes tracks for claps and snares

Overall its great tune man, will defo be looking forward to hearing more!

Very nice man, right up my street!

On the first listen I wasn't too mad on the Arp synth in the break, but I listened a few more times and it grew on me, its actually really good!
The snares/clicks that come in around 0.45 are class, I like the way they bounce off the lead sound, but feel they good do with some tweaking not sure what exactly but feel they could be better

I like the bassline, but also feel that could be fuller or warmer, very hard sound to achieve I know, but it would defo improve this track greatly

The claps are a little weak/dry, check out some of Patrick Topping, Darius Syrossian and the likes tracks for claps and snares

Overall its great tune man, will defo be looking forward to hearing more!

Thanks for the feed Mark!

The arp isn't really in ur face it's just there as a different element to the track that was my purpose on it, I still believe it sounds a bit too dry but I think it's fine the way it is now but I might take another look at it.

When I created the track with the snares as percussion it has been like that from the start (without the chords), so I found out about the bounces later, it's like a counter to the silence after the chords are done for the measure. I was kinda lucky on that I guess ;).
The bassline is pretty hard to hear on certain speakers/earplugs I tried to make it a bit fatter but that didn't work out for me so far.

The claps as fills feels too dry for me but the claps on the drum doesn't give problems for me personally.

I havent heard about these artists before but they sound pretty good, thanks for sharing man!

-MarkS

Back