Still Messing Around - MirrorVision

Thanks for the feedback man. I will look into adding vocals I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's probably one of the best ones I have ever made. It came from a dark place trying to be uplifting though. 2 of my closest friends 2 of the 3 amigos committed suicide and I'm the last surviving one. It's hard to go through and making music is hard to do anymore, but I'm going to keep trying. Thanks again for the feed back man.

Keep up the good work, mate! I particularly like the beginning part coz it sounds really joyful, bouncy and unique. The bassline is cool as well and those bell-like sounds (I don't quite know how to describe them) add some pleasant kicks to the whole song. Overall, it's a good chic track.

Feel really sorry about your story. Take care and be tough! God bless you.

Hi Mirror Vision,

Nice pads on the track. I'm not the biggest fan of the sound of the lead, perhaps because it feels a little bit dry. Some reverb and short delays might make it a bit more interesting. The piano-kind-of synth that comes in after it sounds very deadmouse-y so I guess that's good ;)

Perhaps it's an idea to add some sort of bass element and have it a bit more centered, as your low pad is now very wide. Also the low mids are a bit buddy, you could clear that up by some compression and sidechain/level automation on the lows, so the kick has some more space.

Oh in the end I actually hear more of the bass thing you put it. In that case some compression/stereo imaging might make it sit a little nicer :)

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Precursor

Keep up the good work, mate! I particularly like the beginning part coz it sounds really joyful, bouncy and unique. The bassline is cool as well and those bell-like sounds (I don't quite know how to describe them) add some pleasant kicks to the whole song. Overall, it's a good chic track.

Feel really sorry about your story. Take care and be tough! God bless you.

Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed it over all. I think I need to do some type of side chaining to make the kicks stand out more because they are in there but thanks for the feedback and I appreciate you! I'm not sure what you mean by chic track lol but thanks :) If you mean girly I have to say I like laid back music and something that can be played in the background while doing other things. Thanks again!

Hi Mirror Vision,

Nice pads on the track. I'm not the biggest fan of the sound of the lead, perhaps because it feels a little bit dry. Some reverb and short delays might make it a bit more interesting. The piano-kind-of synth that comes in after it sounds very deadmouse-y so I guess that's good
wink.png

Perhaps it's an idea to add some sort of bass element and have it a bit more centered, as your low pad is now very wide. Also the low mids are a bit buddy, you could clear that up by some compression and sidechain/level automation on the lows, so the kick has some more space.

Oh in the end I actually hear more of the bass thing you put it. In that case some compression/stereo imaging might make it sit a little nicer
smile.png

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Precursor

Awesome dude thanks for the great feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed it mostly lol. I will try to see what I can do about that kick drum as someone else mentioned it does kinda fade away into the background. I'm still working on getting mastering down, which for me has been a pretty big challenge. I'm using FL Studio to make everything in but again thanks for all the feedback I will see what I can do and maybe post an update soon with some of the feedback you guys gave.

Last edited:
Back