Stereo Love - Big Room House Remix

I like the idea of this track, but the vocals are a bit off. Maybe listening to the original track will help by placing the vocals over your remix?

And maybe a little more bass in the drop? It feels like it's missing, anyway nice job, it's really listenable if you fix the vocals.

Could you return the favor if you have time?
Twincaps - JIVA

Thanks!

I like the idea of this track, but the vocals are a bit off. Maybe listening to the original track will help by placing the vocals over your remix?

And maybe a little more bass in the drop? It feels like it's missing, anyway nice job, it's really listenable if you fix the vocals.

Could you return the favor if you have time?
Twincaps - JIVA

Thanks!
Thanks man! and the acapella placement was a pain in the ass but yeah ill have to take a look at it! but yeah ill check it out
TrapTommy

Hey man! Great job on matching the melody for this track! Big room usually isn't my thing, so my comments may be irrelevant to your style. I feel like you could add some more interesting drum patters in the breakdowns and drops, just to give the track a bit more of a twist. The synth that was used in the drop wasn't my favorite, but it worked. The overall arrangement was good and simple to follow.

Great job buddy!

Look forward to hearing more from you.

I liked the track and the vocals but a few things:

- I felt the reverb on the piano was a bit much. Maybe try toning it down or playing around with it more.

- Maybe a little more "boom" on the kick.

- I felt the snare was a little weak. I would give it a little more power.

- I don't think you should side-chain the lead melody.

- The vocals are a bit off in time at some points in the song and they are sometimes hard to understand..

- That main lead melody is a bit repetitive and the piano too.

Just my opinion. :) Keep at it bro!

Hey man! Great job on matching the melody for this track! Big room usually isn't my thing, so my comments may be irrelevant to your style. I feel like you could add some more interesting drum patters in the breakdowns and drops, just to give the track a bit more of a twist. The synth that was used in the drop wasn't my favorite, but it worked. The overall arrangement was good and simple to follow.

Great job buddy!

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Thank you man! and yeah i sorta rushed this remix really quickly but I appreciate the feedback :-)

I liked the track and the vocals but a few things:

- I felt the reverb on the piano was a bit much. Maybe try toning it down or playing around with it more.

- Maybe a little more "boom" on the kick.

- I felt the snare was a little weak. I would give it a little more power.

- I don't think you should side-chain the lead melody.

- The vocals are a bit off in time at some points in the song and they are sometimes hard to understand..

- That main lead melody is a bit repetitive and the piano too.

Just my opinion. :) Keep at it bro!

Yeah once I started mastering the track the snare just keep loosing its punch I and the piano started to become more and more difficult to hear
and the vocal placement was truly a pain in the ass, but thank you for the feedback bro!

The brightness in this track is really sharp, man. I used to have issues with that when mastering my stuff back in the day but I really suggest focusing on the drums first. I make tracks with really warm vibes so I'm cutting down on the higher frequencies pretty often but you can keep those under control. I always say this: when EQing, cut before you ever add too. For example, with a kick drum? Cut that 400Hz to push out your cymbals and your snare. Just some weird conflict with that particular frequency range that really fights with those cymbals. Other than that, I think you're going to get really good at that big room sound.

Nice remix man!

Changing the lead to the piano was a nice touch, the intro had a really nice sound to it. The vocals sound a bit out of beat in some places, (0:19, just the first few words)(2:08), but its nothing really major. The synths and vocals were mixed well together, and everything seemed to have its own spot in the track.

As for the mastering, I think your putting to much thought into it in my opinion. The limiter is pushed way to far in this and it is very noticeable. The drop should sound louder than the build up, but it actually sounds quieter because of all the compression. My advice would be to simply not push the limiter as hard, and focus more on mixing the levels properly before the master limiter. This will give the track a greater dynamic range, and the drop will instantly sound bigger. In short, focus more on mixing, less on pushing the limiter.

Musically though, I really liked this remix. The mastering will get better as you finish more tracks.

Keep it up :)
OAKUM

Nice remix man!

Changing the lead to the piano was a nice touch, the intro had a really nice sound to it. The vocals sound a bit out of beat in some places, (0:19, just the first few words)(2:08), but its nothing really major. The synths and vocals were mixed well together, and everything seemed to have its own spot in the track.

As for the mastering, I think your putting to much thought into it in my opinion. The limiter is pushed way to far in this and it is very noticeable. The drop should sound louder than the build up, but it actually sounds quieter because of all the compression. My advice would be to simply not push the limiter as hard, and focus more on mixing the levels properly before the master limiter. This will give the track a greater dynamic range, and the drop will instantly sound bigger. In short, focus more on mixing, less on pushing the limiter.

Musically though, I really liked this remix. The mastering will get better as you finish more tracks.

Keep it up :)
OAKUM

Thank you for the support man! I will defiantly look more into my mixing and mastering skills for my future work, I started producing probably around half a year ago and those two are still my weak spots, but again thanks for the feedback :-)

A few things trap tommy - in the intro, the vocals seem to be somewhat pushed back from the rest of the song. And the buildup to the drop seems to be too sudden and not strong enough. Try varying the velocities of your snare hit - as well as trying different snare sounds to see what best fits. Within your drop - the kick is off diatonic from the rest of your song, the kick sub is hitting a G if I recall correctly - perhaps a D would be more suitable for your kick. Other than that, cool track. Keep making music!

A few things trap tommy - in the intro, the vocals seem to be somewhat pushed back from the rest of the song. And the buildup to the drop seems to be too sudden and not strong enough. Try varying the velocities of your snare hit - as well as trying different snare sounds to see what best fits. Within your drop - the kick is off diatonic from the rest of your song, the kick sub is hitting a G if I recall correctly - perhaps a D would be more suitable for your kick. Other than that, cool track. Keep making music!
Thank you for your feedback! I will defiantly look into it on my next project :-)

Sounds good. The snare in the beginning has a bit too much high. I think you could definitely improve on your mixing in the future. I agree with the previous comments about the vocals being out of sync in a couple of places. But all in all it has some great ideas going for it.

I actually really like it. Really original idea to remake this song into Big Room. The thing I really hate are the vocals, I dont have a feeling they are in the right place. Maybe the reverb of the piano is too high. Otherwise its really good.

Sounds good. The snare in the beginning has a bit too much high. I think you could definitely improve on your mixing in the future. I agree with the previous comments about the vocals being out of sync in a couple of places. But all in all it has some great ideas going for it.
Thank you for the feedback and yes I will defiantly keep it up :-)

I actually really like it. Really original idea to remake this song into Big Room. The thing I really hate are the vocals, I dont have a feeling they are in the right place. Maybe the reverb of the piano is too high. Otherwise its really good.
Yeah I completely messed up the vocal placement and I kept trying to fix it and it was being a pain in the ass so I just left it as it was but thanks for your feedback :-)

Hey man awesome job on the remix. I will say I agree with mandarin about the vocals being slightly off in some spots, but other than that it sounds awesome! A little more variation and possibly some vocal stutter edits, or maybe a small counter-melody during the drop would really top this off for me.

Hey man awesome job on the remix. I will say I agree with mandarin about the vocals being slightly off in some spots, but other than that it sounds awesome! A little more variation and possibly some vocal stutter edits, or maybe a small counter-melody during the drop would really top this off for me.
Thanks man! and yeah I contemplating on taking this original down and maybe touching it up and reposting it in the future, but thank you for your feedback :-)

hey dude
This kinda stuff not really my bag, though I appreciate what you've done here. Couple of points, there's some odd audio artifacts creeping in, maybe it's compression related, usually when the vocals are in. It's all eq'd a little toppy for my liking as a consequence the main melody shouts for attention rather than sitting in the track, and there's an overall 'sharpness' to it. Maybe roll off some of the higher frequencies?
Keep it up though fella

hey dude
This kinda stuff not really my bag, though I appreciate what you've done here. Couple of points, there's some odd audio artifacts creeping in, maybe it's compression related, usually when the vocals are in. It's all eq'd a little toppy for my liking as a consequence the main melody shouts for attention rather than sitting in the track, and there's an overall 'sharpness' to it. Maybe roll off some of the higher frequencies?
Keep it up though fella
Thanks for the advice bro, I'll deff look into it for my next project :-) my mixing and mastering was pretty poor for this one, but I will deff improve my mixing and mastering skills before releasing my next track. Thank you for your feedback though bro

Back