starshopping (EDM?) roast me

I really like this. Like the groove and the vocals.

Sorry I can't give you any practical help; I'm a struggling newbie myself. Just wanted to give you some encouragement.

Really liking the groove you assembled with all these instruments. To me its sounds like the bass is a bit boxy and everything is in the center of the mix. To improve the clarity of everything try panning some of the elements. To me the vocals are too low and feel to be more towards the back of the mix, so try raising the dB on them. I dig the groove of the track which comes from the bass so try to get that to shine a bit more if you can. The initial attack of the bass could be a bit stronger because it's almost like a slap bass. At 2:12 those bells that you are using could be widened a bit more to give more depth to the synth. Your guitar is a bit clicky as well ,as it stands out a lot in the mix .Lastly your kick is a little weak so try giving it a bit more snap with a transient shaper or try different samples. I sometimes sit at my computer for like 10 mins straight just listening to kicks lol. Really like the chords, the stabs, and the simple guitar strum patter. great work keep it up man

Back