Something About The Music

Hey thanks again for the feedback on my track Drank!

Im not a fan of techno so its hard for me to give feedback, but I'll try my best.

Transitions and introductions of new elements are smooth and fluid. The attention to detailed earcandy is a hallmark of the genre and you nail it. Could use some more of it in the drop though. Improves later in the track though.

Hope that helps!

Drank (Original Mix) by Alex Rose | Free Listening on SoundCloud

An admiral attempt at the abstract sounds heard in a lot of techno these days. The the staccato synths were especially a nice touch. Decent job.

buildup at 4:35 is really good but the drop could have been more strong, pretty good song though!

Yo man thanks for commenting on my track!

I actually never listen to techno so take this with a grain of salt!

- Good stereo placement of the different elements, like that a lot!
- The kick should be a little bit softer, and it is really dirty, but probably on purpose ;)
- I would put in some synth elements such as a stab for example, but then again I don't know this genre

Keep it up!

I think it's a cool track, it's laid out nicely and keeps the momentum with relatively little elements as it should.
I don't think the kick is much too hard, it's maybe the high-end that sounds a bit dry and dull. The overall balance is good, it just lacks some sparkle, for lack of a better word. Otherwise I really like it.

Mix is a little flat IMO, perhaps a bit more stereo action and high-end EQ work could make this track pop a little more. I have mixed feelings about the kick, but I don't mind it as much as others may. Dope groove!

Chris I wanna say track is really nice!
Like other people said kick is really hard but maybe it's your style and you like it.
One more thing, I would love to hear a nice breakdown to cool down a bit and after create tension to the next drop beat.

Cheers!

Thank you guys! The kick is heavy/dirty on purpose but yeah, I could mix that a little bit cleaner...
I'm about to try something different with the mix so I'll hit the forum with it ASAP! Thanks again and
C H E E R S !

Back