Some feedback in the mix down on this techno track?

I'm not the best at "Judging" techno songs, but i'll try my best

RIght at first i think the Kick and Bass are clashing. In order not to kill the bass by EQing both, you can use Sidechain on the bass, to make it get quieter when the kick starts, and also it gives a "pumping" effect to the beat.

Personally the song gives me a sensation of Muddiness, because the drums are "behind" the bass. You could lower the bass, pan the drums a little bit, add some reverb to them, and put the bassline in Mono. THis one is kinda tricky, it's about what you're wanting to acheive with your track. In Progressive we all put the bass in Mono to allow the Leads to make the wide and huge parts of the song, if you put chorus or harmonics

The Vocals are nicely put into the song! at the 4:03 mark you could explore this transitions by using white noise FX (Up or downlifters) but overall the song has all the characters to be a nice one. I would pay attention to these details on the muddiness of the song

Hope i Helped

Cheers!

Also, mind giving me some feedback? Much appreciated! https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-first-remix-any-feedback-appreciated-508154/

Thanks man, yeah I think you are right the mix is quite muddy, and the kick and bass gives that feel of clash, actually the bassline is side chained and in mono so i think its probably the kick tuning. or what you think

Cheers

Hey man, sorry about not responding yesterday my internet is crappy these days

I would listen to the bass without the kick, but with the sidechain triggered, so i could tell if he is doing that 'pumping' effect/allowing space for the kick to come in.

If that's ok, i would mess with the EQ. i would add a bell (That thing we use to take out some frequencies but not as harsh as a low/highshelf) and lower the volume of the frequencies around 100-300hz, just so you can see if your bass is drying out or not. Start Slow, pay attention to the sound differences and see if that fits you. Otherwise i would change the Sound of Kick/Bass

It's a cool idea and nice sound they're doing, but the muddiness doesn't allow the drums to rise as much as they could

Any other thing just let me know!

Cheers

Back