She's got that Sparkle

CTO

Dear forum members

thanks so much for all your feedback on the last tune (plasm), lots of ideas and suggestions i got from different forums made it into the new tune...
so here it is, i hope you find it as sparkin' as i do!

I didn't know where to post this (genre), so I made a thread in EDM and Chill... Hope you don't mind

feedback is highly appreciated!
thanks for checking it out

<3
theo

Definitely more slow jazz/rock feel but I guess you can call it chill. I love that bassline with the harmonics It goes quite nice with the xylophone. Very cool. Guessing you used a vocal sample? I think maybe you could of processed the vocals a little bit more by adding touches of effects on it here and there. Maybe try to add touches of delay and chorus on certain syllables. Try a reverse vocal into the main, maybe try duplicating the vocal on the chorus and pitching it up a octave on some phrases so it sounds like she's singing higher in the background ect. Unless you got a real singer then you can try recording a couple more takes to layer on some parts that might be cool. For the drums I think you could try adding some drum fills on some of the transitions. Other than that not too much to say overall sounds really good. Thanks

Last edited:
Very nice.. two nitpicky things I noticed is the drums could be a bit fatter in the lower mid-end. They sound kinda metallic now, which is nice but it's a bit lacking below that.
There's also something about the vocals.. she sounds a bit too up close. Not sure what's causing that, it could just be a bit of siblance or something about the reverb. Of course you're
going for intimate here, but this is maybe a bit too intimate.

Otherwise it's a great song. I love this kind of music, the arrangement, her voice.. it's great.

Very nice.. two nitpicky things I noticed is the drums could be a bit fatter in the lower mid-end. They sound kinda metallic now, which is nice but it's a bit lacking below that.
There's also something about the vocals.. she sounds a bit too up close. Not sure what's causing that, it could just be a bit of siblance or something about the reverb. Of course you're
going for intimate here, but this is maybe a bit too intimate.

Otherwise it's a great song. I love this kind of music, the arrangement, her voice.. it's great.

Hey localspace
Thanks a lot for your feedback! I know exactly what you mean - I'm not 100% happy with the mix, if i will remix i would lower the voice a bit (maybe 2 db) and eq the beat a bit.

btw nice sound in your signature!
see you soon
theo

Definitely more slow jazz/rock feel but I guess you can call it chill. I love that bassline with the harmonics It goes quite nice with the xylophone. Very cool. Guessing you used a vocal sample? I think maybe you could of processed the vocals a little bit more by adding touches of effects on it here and there. Maybe try to add touches of delay and chorus on certain syllables. Try a reverse vocal into the main, maybe try duplicating the vocal on the chorus and pitching it up a octave on some phrases so it sounds like she's singing higher in the background ect. Unless you got a real singer then you can try recording a couple more takes to layer on some parts that might be cool. For the drums I think you could try adding some drum fills on some of the transitions. Other than that not too much to say overall sounds really good. Thanks

I just saw your reply now - thanks!
How comes you think I used a vocal sample?

Nice song man. I like the vibe a lot and the vocals are great. I like the way you put the vocals in the mix they are the main theme clearly and everything else is there to support and provide the vibe.

Nice song man. I like the vibe a lot and the vocals are great. I like the way you put the vocals in the mix they are the main theme clearly and everything else is there to support and provide the vibe.

hey fahad
nice to hear that you like it, thanks!
theo

Back