Project: R (Dance/EDM track)

Glitch1044

Producer
Hey everyone! Just wanted to share my latest track, and hopefully get some feedback from the FP community! After doing this producer stuff for almost two years now, this is probably my most detailed track yet, and probably one of the few songs I've spent this much time on. It's kind of funny really, didn't really think I'd take the dance/edm route with music. But there it is. Lol
Would love to hear what you all think! :)

Project Reality by Avyde | Free Listening on SoundCloud

This is good music. It sounds very clean and catchy. You did a good job on the synth patches, and the transitions seem good to me. However, I would say this is too short, and I would like to hear more melodic development of the lead synth. Also I would like to hear the drums more significantly, but that may be subjective.
I would appreciate if you could return some feedback here: Opinions/Feedback on a track (F4F)

Hey man, neat track. I liked your melody, very catchy. I feel like the balance was a little out of wack at the beginning. The melody was too hot. I'd echo AInclan's statement about a need for stronger percussion and more melodic development however. Nice track though, keep at it!

This is good music. It sounds very clean and catchy. You did a good job on the synth patches, and the transitions seem good to me. However, I would say this is too short, and I would like to hear more melodic development of the lead synth. Also I would like to hear the drums more significantly, but that may be subjective.
I would appreciate if you could return some feedback here: Opinions/Feedback on a track (F4F)

I actually had something in mind for a longer melody, but eventually scrapped the idea. But, of course then other ideas come to mind again later, after it's been uploaded. lol I might go back and make an extended version or something of it yet. I just try to keep a mentality of not making my stuff longer than it has to be. I just hate it when dance tracks drag on and on when nothing in the track ever seems to change. Just seems lazy to me. lol

Hey man, neat track. I liked your melody, very catchy. I feel like the balance was a little out of wack at the beginning. The melody was too hot. I'd echo AInclan's statement about a need for stronger percussion and more melodic development however. Nice track though, keep at it!

Yeah I get what you mean. I should've let it build up instead of just throwing everything into the mix right after the drop. Definitely would've made more sense.
Thanks for the feedback man! :)

Hi!

Maybe its not my cup of tea, but would you classify this as psytrance?

A couple notes:
1. Cut the crowd FX in the break. They are very out of place in a chip-tune, retro inspired track.
2. The arrangement seems very bizarre to me, but maybe its because I'm not familiar with the genre.
3. I'd recommend having less reverb/FX on your leads in the drop, or using them more sparingly in terms of melody. If it is psytrance, the bass should be the focus. Check out this video for an example of what I'm talking about.
4. Build more tension in your build with percussion

Overall, the melody isnt bad, but I think it would do better in just the breaks and not the drop, so that focus can be placed on the driving bass.

Hi!

Maybe its not my cup of tea, but would you classify this as psytrance?

A couple notes:
1. Cut the crowd FX in the break. They are very out of place in a chip-tune, retro inspired track.
2. The arrangement seems very bizarre to me, but maybe its because I'm not familiar with the genre.
3. I'd recommend having less reverb/FX on your leads in the drop, or using them more sparingly in terms of melody. If it is psytrance, the bass should be the focus. Check out this video for an example of what I'm talking about.
4. Build more tension in your build with percussion

Overall, the melody isnt bad, but I think it would do better in just the breaks and not the drop, so that focus can be placed on the driving bass.

Nah, this definitely wouldn't qualify as psytrance. More like a cross between dance & trance.
Yeah that crowd was something I was a little undecided about. I like it, but as you said, doesn't quite fit the song.
Yeah I'm still trying to figure out my arrangements and buildups. It should be easy, but its also easy to get off track it seems.
I might head on back into it yet and mess around with it a bit more. I'm still undecided if this is the type of music I want to spend my time on learning. :hmmm:
Thanks for the feedback man!

Back