[Progressive House] No Brakes - Chris Van Gills

Dirty32

Hi everyone!
Here's something less noizy, more ravy. I tried to put a little Tech/Acid style in my Progressive House. I hope you'll enjoy!
Of course, i'll pay your track a visit in return!
Cheers!

I like what you're going for in this track a lot. The more I listen to it the more it grows on me. The acid/tech elements come through well and you've definitely nailed the progressive house vibe! Individually all the ideas are solid, but in places I feel like there's a bit too much going on. For example the noise bursts that start at 0:19, and the wet acid warp sound starting at 2:48 make the mix feel slightly messy (The acid warp sounds fine in the drop though). In terms of the mix's spectrum you've got a nice balance, If I had to say something I guess you could roll off the top end of the open hi-hats a little more, otherwise solid track, keep it up.

I like the idea of the track! Try to add some highs on the drop, missing that a lot. Although, good track! Can't wait to hear more from you!

This is amazing! Probably one of the best tracks I've heard on this forum up to now. Definitely digging the mix of styles. It sounds really well mixed but I have pretty untrained ears and a pair of old headphones. A lot of music I hear has the mistake of becoming boring after a while, but this one kept my interest for the entirety of the track! I don't really like the squirmy bubbly thing synth thingy (dont know how to describe it) due to sound it makes in the highs, but that's definitely just my taste. Keep up the awesome work!

Hi , nice track mate :) i love the effect at the drop . nice mix too . i like the hihat that comes after the drop and the pluck too

i think for the synth that comes at the break , you should make it more tune because i heard it kind of detune and its doesnt fit with the track

but I love the track , great energy

I love the kick too , so punchy and fits with the track

Overall, really nice track . keep producing mate :)

Hi Chris,

My favorite part of your track starts from 2:20 onwards. Those piano stabs are lush! Amazing work. I'm finding a hard time critiquing this mix. Probably need to be more experienced myself. :)

I think you've done a great job on the sounds individually but as a collective a few things I think could be tuned. The reverbed acid stab I think it's delay should be limited and it kind of suffocates the kick a little bit. I think the sounds need to be layered also to have a wider mix and have the kick cut right through.

nice snare grows, sounds pro...only that wah synth is sometimes messy for me...but different people, diferent taste

@matthewaghdasi
For sure I had a hard time trying to EQ the trio sub-acid stab-kick properly...
Which sounds need the most to be layered in your opinion? I'm sure you can help!

Thanks to the others, nice to read that!

Pretty cool and interesting song you´ve come up with here! The mix sounds good.
I love the chords. And the synths you have chosen fits the songs.
The only problem I´ve discovered is the contrast from your break to second drop. The break has alot of sub(Maybe a little too much, but that is just my opinion), but you second drop is lacking of sub. So maybe you should try putting your break sub into the drop, and produce so the sub is going harder/higher in the drop than in the break(Hope you understand what I am aiming for).

Anyways, great track bro! Keep up the great work.

Yeah I think I get it.
There's a contrast between that low pad I played during the break and the sub+acid from the drop.
I had a hard time eq-ing all this and it's still not satisfying...I gotta work harder!
Thanks for coming!

Awesome track dude!!!
Its very well mixed, the piano is just amazing, what did you use for it?
I only think you can mix the wobbly part better in the beginning because its a bit messy.
Amazing, congrats!!!

Thank you!
Believe it or not, the piano come from FL Keys. The 2k from nexus is overused so I gave FL keys a try, and I don't regret it!
For sure I bumped into several difficulties, especially on the low end. Gotta work harder to solve that!
Cheers!

Back