A producer told me this track has potential to be a Summer Hit. What do you think?

Eccis

Hey,

a producer told med this track has the potential of becoming a summer hit song. What do you think?

Last edited:
It's good, but i wouldn't say a hit just yet. I donno what you say before "summer in stokholm" cause its rushed. the builds and melodies are nicely blended and the mixing is good, but the delivery of the vocals needs some clarity.

On a side note, Free Girl is nice tune. The intro is a little weird (I guess its tying to appeal to chicks, so i wouldnt know...hopefully I wouldnt know) but the main melody parts with the vocals are nice, and well mixed.

Last edited:
It's good, but i wouldn't say a hit just yet. I donno what you say before "summer in stokholm" cause its rushed. the builds and melodies are nicely blended and the mixing is good, but the delivery of the vocals needs some clarity.

On a side note, Free Girl is nice tune. The intro is a little weird (I guess its tying to appeal to chicks, so i wouldnt know...hopefully I wouldnt know) but the main melody parts with the vocals are nice, and well mixed.

Thank you Epsilon for your feedback :) I recorded multiple vocals on top of each other in order to get the feel of a crowd singing, maybe thats why it does not have the clarity. Maybe I will try other singer aswell.

Ah I see, that could work. Or just take out a word/slow down?

You're welcome, it's going in a good direction!

Last edited:
Nice tune, I can hear all the work you put into it and you've got a great result in terms of mixing, EXCEPT for the vocals.
Other than that, if I was you I'd drop the "crowd" noise, it doesn't work very well imo.
Considering what you're capable of technically (I wish I could do so), I think you should do something different (read : better). No offense, but it sounds just like some avicii tunes to me. But, again, considering your skills, it won't take long before you produce that summer hit! (if someone else got the vocals covered!)
Cheers!

You can pick all my musical flaws on my latest here : Something About The Music

Definitely a nice vibe. I agree that the vocals could be cleared up a lot. Kick is clean!

Thanks for the feedback guys, you know how valuable it is! I just started producing 6 months ago so I just realized that also the EQ in mastering of the track could be improved quite a bit. I will post another version with better vocals as well.

Last edited:
Back