The Prodigy Experience style beat

Yeah but the break consists of 3 parts, 1 mid / 1 bass & 1 for the high end.

Oh yeah and i re-arrange the break.

Last edited:
Yeah but the break consists of 3 parts, 1 mid / 1 bass & 1 for the high end.

Oh yeah and i re-arrange the break.
Cool, thanks for that insight. I don't tend to sample drums but when i have i just extracted the whole groove and used my own sounds. Might explore that method.

Cool, thanks for that insight. I don't tend to sample drums but when i have i just extracted the whole groove and used my own sounds. Might explore that method.

I don't completely understand what you mean, can you explain it in more depth.

Thx in advance.

I don't completely understand what you mean, can you explain it in more depth.

Thx in advance.

Sorry that was unclear. I use ableton , there is an option to "extract groove" on an audio file - it essentially analyses the transients and transforms them into midi notes. So you have an almost exact pattern of the drum beat which you can then rearrange and assign kick, snares etc to the appropriate places. What DAW do you use?

Fl studio.

As far as i know you can't do this with FL. That's too bad because i find it a very handy & usefull feature.

Good Job man, Interesting technique of splitting up your drum break into frequency layers. The drums (and synth after the transition) are damn good compliments to the source of inspiration (prodigy experience). Maybe try another horn/brass instrument in the first section, sounds thin and I think you could come up with a better patch.

Epsilon-144 Your track is dark, the sound is good but i think it's a little to empty. I would put in some extra layers.

Good Job man, Interesting technique of splitting up your drum break into frequency layers. The drums (and synth after the transition) are damn good compliments to the source of inspiration (prodigy experience). Maybe try another horn/brass instrument in the first section, sounds thin and I think you could come up with a better patch.

Thx for the feedback, i gonna work on that.

Oh yeah and what epsilon-144 sad is a nice one, MORE BASS!

Back