Please help me with my producing!

Rasalp

Hello everyone. I just joined this community in hope for some feedback and critics.

I have made this song that I really like the sound of

NOTE: It's not finished, and it's has got terrible mixing. I am just a beginner.

Also, Could you guys tell me what kind of music genre this is classed as? And what kind of vocals should be put on it?

Please give me your honest opinion, and how I could solve what you don't like. I would love some feedback!

Do you guys like that second part with the trap inspired 808 and drums?

I tried to kind of mix the different styles all together in the second "drop" Not to sure on how it turned out!

THANK YOU FOR THE FEEDBACK!

You really have to work on your mixing. It feels as if elements doesn't blend in as well. I think you should try to add more elements and make the track sound more sophisticated. That can be done in a lot of ways. I can't criticize much on your songwriting because... everyone sucks at it when they're starting off. When it comes to the second part, I like what you did with the 808s but again, elements blend in poorly. It feels as if transitions are forced and the song just does not have unity or any seamlessness.

When it comes to mastering... ohhh boy.

You're just starting off and that's great. Keep doing what you are doing and look for constructive feedback from others. You will improve soon enough if you put enough effort and love into your passion.

Happy producing!
-BRIAN

The journey has begun........not my style of electronic music......however, I can here the picture ALL THERE....however, just needs a little patience, and quality check........but shit, Im still learning too...lol

Thank you very much for the feedback and tips Brian! As I said, I know it has got terrible mixing, since I haven't really done any of it at all lol.

However, it's actually kind of the "sound" and "atmosphere" and also the melody I am looking for people to hear and tell me what they liked about it. Thank you very much!

I'd suggest, as others have said to add a few more elements to keep it more refreshing to the ear plus once you've done that you have more to add/take-away to give a sense of energy in your music!
Also I'd suggest turning down your mixer track volumes for the melody and raise them if you feel they need to be more prominent

You're doing well for early days the rest all comes with time, perseverance and some healthy OCD!

Hey man congratualtions on starting your journey! I was there two years ago :)

- the beginning is progressive house. You actually wrote a surprisingly good melody - good job!
- while its definitely good to experiment and familiarize with different genres, I'd recommend doing so in different tracks until youre much more experienced (for example, in my track "Drank" Drank (Original Mix) by Alex Rose | Free Listening on SoundCloud I use a track break but it stylistically is cohesive to the drop)
- honestly this isnt nearly as bad as the shit I made when I started, good luck dude!

Hope that helps and check out my track :)

[F4F] Everything Black - Unlike Pluto (Alex Rose Remix)

Thank you for the feedback and kind words. I totally agree with you. I got one idea though of maybe adding lyrics into it, and because of that i thought I wouldn't add to much going on to focus the listener on the lyrics. This is not an excuse though. Thank you!

Thanks for your feedback! I actually bough my DAW (fl studio) as little as 3 months ago.
Would you really call it progressive? Isn't progress alot more saw-synth like and not as acoustic? The first part is made entirely out of piano. Correct me if I'm wrong but i wouldn't call that progressive?
I know it was kind of stupid to blend two elements like that. Just wanted to try it and see how it turned out lol.
Thanks you once again.

Progressive house is just characterized by the progressive addition of elements as a melodic focus (with a house drum program obv). While super saws are common, they are a requirement.

Back