Please give me feedback and I will return the favour

First off, i like the fact the synth chord/stabs arent synced perfectly with the drums. I know it isn't comfortable sometimes you mess with the common time tested formulas, so i commend you on doing something a bit different.

Some minor adjustments I can offer as help would be take the snare you got going, pushing the EQ to raise the mid/hi area until it sounds a little more punchy. After that, add some reverb to the hats (so little that only 1 in a 1000 people will notice there is reverb, but it helps fill the space. Take a stereo enhancer and put the kick and snare in it and change the stereo of the sound to right in the middle mono. Then take the bass and do the same thing. Maybe grab the synth lead and make it wider in the stereo department and play with leaving some air between the notes every once in a while. The whole tapestop effect is ok, but i would suggest either lowering the sound of it or getting rid of the sound and instead ending the lead with lots of reverb, or on a good end note.

The lead gets a little repetitive but I think it is fine as is, but it you wanted to you could play with using a pitch wheel in some parts.

Keep up the music, listening to the 4 songs you have on sound cloud, i hear you getting better with each one. I could use some help on my track if you have time.

yeah i like the vibe you have going here.... requires a bit of eqing to get that kick punching through a little bit . and on the transition at the beginning when the main melody comes in. perhaps make it last a little longer. dont be afraid to lengthen things. but when you do ensure you break repition with some snare breaks or some fills or rythem breaks . nice work though mate. i like the melody alot!

Your melody starting from 0:48 is gorgerous! Overall I really enjoy the track so far, but the hats/shakers-think you have going on mostly on the left channel starting at 0:15 loses its excitement after a while, and it sounds like the same pattern comes in when the main melody comes back again at 02:17. The track would probably benefit if you start introducing new patterns from 02:17 and onwards. Maybe add some reverb like Dubwell suggested, and introduce a tiny bit of panned delay to make the hats more exciting and give a sense of progression? Good luck!

Feel free to comment on my WIP called Titanium... it should show up in my signature :)

Back