Plasm - first "released" track

CTO

hey future producers!

i'm new here - this forum seems to be a very inspiring source! what a nice find.

i bought ableton live together with a push one month ago, this great combo lets me produce and finally finish my tracks! i'm into beat making and producing for a while now but could never finish my tracks... this is about to change.

so here's my first tune - done with ableton but mixed in logic.

would be great to hear some feedback :)

https://soundcloud.com/cto-7/cto-feat-sibyl-hofstetter-plasm

thanks for listening - hear you l8er

cheers
cto

Loving it. Very similar to that Portishead/Massive Attack era dusty sound, and very well done indeed!
Following for more of this!

This song seems like a James Bond Theme. I can't think of any way to fix it. It sounds really raw and retro--and all of the elements are so haunting. The vocal, synths, and guitars all really add to it. My ears wanted a longer guitar solo but I love guitar solos so... Really well done.

Loving it. Very similar to that Portishead/Massive Attack era dusty sound, and very well done indeed!
Following for more of this!

hey localspace
sure, these bands and their sound inspire me a lot :)
thank you, more will come soon!

cheers
cto

Really cool vibes coming from this track. I see what M!LESTONE means with the James Bond comment ;). Everything works well together in this track. My only comment would be to crank up the vocals by 1-2db. Other than that it is pretty spot on! Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.

Really cool vibes coming from this track. I see what M!LESTONE means with the James Bond comment ;). Everything works well together in this track. My only comment would be to crank up the vocals by 1-2db. Other than that it is pretty spot on! Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.

hey slunk, thanks so much!

in my opinion there's a very small range when a vocal sits perfectly in a mix - yeah maybe 1 db more could do it too, but a mix falls easily apart by making the vocals to big...

and for sure it's a matter of taste how big vocals should be.

thanks for your opinion, more will come pretty soon! :)
cto

this is extremely good, i fuckin love it! the mix is tight af and the arrangement is perfect. superdope!

wow, thank you so much! i like critique but when it's just compliments it's fuel that pushes me to release the next tune! ❤️
thank you!

hey localspace
sure, these bands and their sound inspire me a lot :)
thank you, more will come soon!

cheers
cto

Me as well, it's just such a classy sound.
my first 2 or 3 years of producing was me basically trying to get those crunchy drums (without knowing wtf I was doing)

Really dig the vibe of this song, it's very atmospheric. I don't have super high end speakers, but the mixing and whatnot sounds pretty good on Sennheiser headphones. Keep doing what you're doing!

Regards,
UK

Me as well, it's just such a classy sound.
my first 2 or 3 years of producing was me basically trying to get those crunchy drums (without knowing wtf I was doing)

in the best case they're already crunchy when you sample them :)

Really dig the vibe of this song, it's very atmospheric. I don't have super high end speakers, but the mixing and whatnot sounds pretty good on Sennheiser headphones. Keep doing what you're doing!

Regards,
UK

Sounds great!! It's real. Good work.

Thank you so much! <3

Back