Paree Katti - Fire Canon [Dubstep]

good composition, but the mixing needs some work its very mid heavy, and it takes away from your low end and highs making the track lose substance. really something that will come the more you mix tracks. something that helps me is using a reference track by an artist that inspires you and putting your mix up against theirs. it will help you find where your mix is unbalanced against the kind of sound you want to create, essentially helping you make your mix better. I would also recommend using more fills and FX(stmospheres, risers, impacts) to give your track some spice. keep working, you show a lot of promise.

very lit! i get your vision, with what your trying to achieve. My feedback would be to make it more original, try to develop your own sound more since it sounds similar to a lot of stuff out there.

very lit! i get your vision, with what your trying to achieve. My feedback would be to make it more original, try to develop your own sound more since it sounds similar to a lot of stuff out there.

Thank you. I am trying to achieve my own sound. With this track, i just wanted to bring the wobble bass back which has disappeared from dubstep in recent years.

ya, when i think of proper dub, i think of the low end, not the high end noise. it's a very square song, not a lot of creativity. The entire intro was the same thing on repeat. and I couldn't last for a few seconds into the drop. lol definitely some wonky brostep, nothing dub about it.

ya, when i think of proper dub, i think of the low end, not the high end noise. it's a very square song, not a lot of creativity. The entire intro was the same thing on repeat. and I couldn't last for a few seconds into the drop. lol definitely some wonky brostep, nothing dub about it.

I never claimed it to be a proper oldschool dubstep track. I just said that i wanted to use wobble bass.

Pretty cool track, there are definitely promising elements in here. If you are creating your own sounds (which is one of my fav things to do), then you have some good ideas here and you get a lot more control over using samples. Reigning everything in and underlining it with the right sub can be tricky. I like breaking out a clone of the mid and customizing it to a sub layer and running them together, get a lot more impact that way.

I am no expert, but just that gave a lot more depth to the overall tracks I made before I took a break from Dubstep.

Looking forward to hearing more in the future :)

Last edited:
Back