Output Bus Tracks

Krook82

Hi guys,

I'm currently learning how to create basslines for uplifting trance and have been told that each bass layer should be routed to two separate bus tracks - one for stereo output & to roll off low end EQ, and one for mono and to roll off high ends. The DAW I'm using doesn't seem to allow me to do this - I can only route to one bus per layer. Is it essential to have them routed to two in order for the bass to sound decent or is there a workaround for this? Maybe this method I've been told isn't right at all? Some advice would be much appreciated.

Hi guys,

I'm currently learning how to create basslines for uplifting trance and have been told that each bass layer should be routed to two separate bus tracks - one for stereo output & to roll off low end EQ, and one for mono and to roll off high ends. The DAW I'm using doesn't seem to allow me to do this - I can only route to one bus per layer. Is it essential to have them routed to two in order for the bass to sound decent or is there a workaround for this? Maybe this method I've been told isn't right at all? Some advice would be much appreciated.

Which DAW you're using then? I think FL Studio allows you to do this but a more effective way would be a mid/side processing (EQ'ing).

Last edited:
Back