Out of Tune??

Glitch1044

Producer
Out of Tune?? (Dance)

So I've been working on a Hardwell/Jake Reese remix of Run Wild, and the darn vocals keep bugging me. Is it just me, or does the melody not sound like it's in tune with the vocals? I've been messing around with different melodies but nothing seems to fit. Is it just the way he's singing or what? Even the official Hardwell version sounds a bit off. Anyway, this is like the 5th alternate melody I've made for it so far. It's starting to annoy me! Lol Ah well, I've already uploaded it everywhere so I probably won't do anything more with it. :hmmm:
On to the next the one!

Hardwell ft. Jake Reese - Run Wild by Avyde | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
To me it sounds like his vocals were a bit flat in the first place then pitch corrected with Melodyne but you can still hear that he was originally off a bit. I think your chord progression works with the vocal melody for the most part, there are some extremely brief moments where I feel like maybe there are slight clashes. Nothing really dissonant or anything and it may just be the weird vocals making it seem that way or his rhythm was slightly off, so there's notes coming in too early before the next chord hits or they linger around for too long.

Good work on the track itself though, you should just ditch it if you're done with it and make an original, don't let it keep annoying you haha.

Last edited:
To me it sounds like his vocals were a bit flat in the first place then pitch corrected with Melodyne but you can still hear that he was originally off a bit. I think your chord progression works with the vocal melody for the most part, there are some extremely brief moments where I feel like maybe there are slight clashes. Nothing really dissonant or anything and it may just be the weird vocals making it seem that way or his rhythm was slightly off, so there's notes coming in too early before the next chord hits or they linger around for too long.

Good work on the track itself though, you should just ditch it if you're done with it and make an original, don't let it keep annoying you haha.

Yeah I think you're right. I'm not really happy with the way the melody goes, I had a few better ones but they just wouldn't match up. Lol It's weird though, if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure I downloaded the acapella from the Hardwell site. Most likely he pitch corrected them for his own track and then just uploaded them that way. Or I just don't know how to follow notes. Probably that too. :D
Thanks for the feedback!

I agree with you. Sounds off and if the second link is Hardwell, that sound off too. Maybe that's artistic creativity, I don't now.

Back