OS - Cloud Rhythm (Deep house)

Os78

Hi All, Latest from me here. I am still learning regarding mastering in Ableton so if any advice based on the out come, I'm more than happy to hear. Hope you enjoy if you like what you hear theres more tracks on my Soundcloud:

I just listend this song with EarPods. Here some advice..

This song is much too bassheavy.. you need a really good subwoofer if you mix your songs.. It's so important if you make EDM Music.. get some 10 or better 12 " woofer with good quality.. You need this really that you see exactly what you are producing in the low end.. For me it was like getting glasses after beeing blind all the time before ;)

Thats why your loudness is much too weak and I think it's because there is too much bass in the lowend you dont need. Hope I helped you a little bit.

Wow, much too bass heavy. You mean bass & kick or just the bass? Do you know, I was gonna get a sub just the other week but thought maybe a better pair of head phones would be better but you think a sub is more important ?

Ok so reducing the low end will increase the loudness ? I didnt know this. Thanks I will try and rectify , it is hard to find out what the bass is doing when mixing on headphones & a pair of monitors. Thanks for the feedback.

Believe me.. get some good monitor speakers and an even better woofer.. I only use the headphones to identifiy High frequencies which might be too loud in the mix and of course the panning and stereo picture.
And yes.. your loudness range goes from 0-22k hz.. If you put too much under 75 hz.. theres no room for much loudness above.. common beginner fault ;)

Gonna have to admit, its the main thing I need to get my head around is understanding where everything lives in the mix re: khz & db's but I am keen to learn. :) thanks

Back