Opinions/Feedback on a track (F4F)

AInclan

Post any feedback or general opinions you may have about this track, and I'll return the favor.

Hi AInclan,

Thanks for sharing with us. I do like the retro electro feel to the song and feel that you did a great job on its progression,although a sort-of break or bridge part would have made the track even more interesting.

If I may suggest:
- The kick is a bit too loud around the beginning, and I believe taking about 1 db, give or take, off for a better blend might help.
- The rest of the drums seem a little dry at times. The snare is a little quiet and dry in particular, and I believe more space and reverb could help. 80's snares are really spacey from I can recall.
- The clavinet-like synth in the last 1/3 of the song is a little too loud for me, and maybe lower or remove a little from top-most frequencies with EQ so it doesn't sound as sharp when it hits?

I hope I was able to be of help!

Best of wishes and Happy New Year!

Click here to go to my post to provide feedback. Thanks!

Just going by first impression, I liked what you did here, definitely has the big synth 80s feel. The snare is a bit in the background in comparison with the kick which stood out to me, but other than that, you have the right elements here.

Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
Back