New Trance/Progressive House track for feedback - Piano Sunset 138bpm

Super happy to hear a trance song!

Things I liked:
- Uhhh trance duh.
- Riff around 3:17 was really cool.
- Song writing was nice.
- Good overall, nothing stood out as bad.

Things I think could be improved:
- Arrangement was okay but I think I think the transitions could be improved to make flowing into each section sound more natural. The length of the song is perfect though, not too long, but just enough given it is a trance song.
- Mixing. Listen to the build, then jump into the drop, there's not really a shift in energy if that makes sense. I think there are a few things you could do. Layering white noise in your drop or another synth to give it more energy. Or just create more tension in your drop using low/high passes on your instruments leading into the drop. Or some combination of those. Basically create a bigger difference between the build and the drop.

As I said, I'm so so so happy to hear trance. I love trance. I used to produce a lot of trance a few years ago. Keep it up its sounding good.

If you want to return feedback, here's my track.
ZachPayne - Thunder [Future Bass] (Feedback for feedback)

i like the piano. i think there's too much delay before the clap/snare comes in. needs to be a little more subtle

I love trance aswell so big ups!

LOVE:
The midbreak (Especially the acid arpeggio)
Your padwork has that nice trancy feeling
Chord progression overall is nice

Can be improved:
I think it needs more energy when you go from break to drop. Maybe try changing key in your chords to give drop more energy (Like going from C to G)
You could also try lowering master volume in break part by 90-95% volume and then max it in your drop to enhance it
Clap/Snare sounds a bit offkey or could be moved a millisecond so it fits better in the mix

Good work and keep it up man!

Super happy to hear a trance song!

Things I liked:
- Uhhh trance duh.
- Riff around 3:17 was really cool.
- Song writing was nice.
- Good overall, nothing stood out as bad.

Things I think could be improved:
- Arrangement was okay but I think I think the transitions could be improved to make flowing into each section sound more natural. The length of the song is perfect though, not too long, but just enough given it is a trance song.
- Mixing. Listen to the build, then jump into the drop, there's not really a shift in energy if that makes sense. I think there are a few things you could do. Layering white noise in your drop or another synth to give it more energy. Or just create more tension in your drop using low/high passes on your instruments leading into the drop. Or some combination of those. Basically create a bigger difference between the build and the drop.

As I said, I'm so so so happy to hear trance. I love trance. I used to produce a lot of trance a few years ago. Keep it up its sounding good.

If you want to return feedback, here's my track.
ZachPayne - Thunder [Future Bass] (Feedback for feedback)

Cheers Zach,

Great to hear there are still many others out there who love tranceas much as i do and who get the whole trance genre,

i personally feel it offers some of the most emotive and interesting electronic music available

Thanks for your feedback very much obliged!

I love trance aswell so big ups!

LOVE:
The midbreak (Especially the acid arpeggio)
Your padwork has that nice trancy feeling
Chord progression overall is nice

Can be improved:
I think it needs more energy when you go from break to drop. Maybe try changing key in your chords to give drop more energy (Like going from C to G)
You could also try lowering master volume in break part by 90-95% volume and then max it in your drop to enhance it
Clap/Snare sounds a bit offkey or could be moved a millisecond so it fits better in the mix

Good work and keep it up man!

Thanks for your observations Aslin,

up until now i have not really experimented with volume levels on my Master preferring to leave this typoe of automation for mixing however a few others have suggest this technique and I will definitely give it a try.

Also listened to your new track and well done on this

Cheers

Hello!

I am not qualified to give any real feedback but i just wanted to say i love your track! I used to listen to trance back in the day but havent for a while. Reignited my passion and i really want to learn producing trance.

Reading comments here is really helpful :p

Keep up the good work Glasman!

Hello!

I am not qualified to give any real feedback but i just wanted to say i love your track! I used to listen to trance back in the day but havent for a while. Reignited my passion and i really want to learn producing trance.

Reading comments here is really helpful :p

Keep up the good work Glasman!

Cheers iNK thanks for the inspiring words , hope you get round to making some trance tracks soon!!

Back