New track ! What are your ideas ?

Artelectro

Hi , I am currently composing an EDM track but i struggle to compose a good drop. I feel the drop too repetitive and i am not sure if a want to keep the bassline of the drop. I tried adding variations on the bassline and different melody but i am not satisfied enough.Currently i feel the drop sound too robotic and too dark and I want it to sound more happy, bouncy and groovy.

Maybe i should go with a different sound. Do you have any ideas on what directions should i go from there ?

This is what i have done :

https://soundcloud.com/artwlmusic/alone-v1/s-1VW2f

Thanks for your answers !

Last edited:
overall, the vibe and melody of the track have a dark tone to them. Maybe go for chord progressions and chords that have more of that uplifting, happier sound you are looking for. I feel as the track is currently, the drop isn't bad, but you could possibly add another melody, maybe something that is a "pluck" sound, to work with your arps.
Good job bro

Soundscape is fantastic for this, sounds like you got the rhythm down. The drop really isn't bad, honestly what I like to do to get that nice bouncy deep bass is run a regular sinsquare with a little attack and a lot of sustain so it "wubs," then layering a fat slap bass over it to simulate a pluck. Gives a really nice tone, I think it would work nicely with this especially if the drop is just kick, bass, and white noise. Good looks tho

Maybe i should go with a different sound. Do you have any ideas on what directions should i go from there ?

Just listened to few of your tracks. I think we should be asking YOU for advice!
Also, good to see another fellow Canadian on the site. :cool:

Hi , thanks for your answers and yes i am canadian ! , Glitch1044 i think i give you some feedback on your tracks ! , I finished this one today

Hey ARTWL,

Awesome track. Love the sounds you’ve used. To me, the track sounds like it could shift into something more upbeat and happy but at 0:30, you start to repeat some chords that sound very menacing. I would attempt to change these build up chords into something in a major key, and maybe remove the repeating note that slowly shifts pitch. After the drop, the notes you have used in the bass line could also be altered to something more uplifting. I don’t think there is an issue with the instruments necessarily, although the bass does have quite a dark sound to it. Perhaps you could play with the settings/modulation and try and create a softer sound?

Keep up the good work and I hope these comments help,

5K.

Back