New Track Released - Will 100% Return Feedback

Its a good track, kick is hidden, itsrga has a point, try sidechaining anything around the low end to the kick (put a compressor on the bass or synth channel) and then sidechain it to the kick track, pull the threshold of the compressor down, you will see it attenuate with the kick.. the idea is that it ducks the bass or synth out the way and gives the kick room to breathe..

nice remix though :)

I've just pushed out my latest track on Soundcloud, would be sweet if you guys had a listen and shared your thoughts. If you like it then please support it and give me any feedback.

https://soundcloud.com/t3za/major-lazer-too-original-feat-elliphant-jovi-rockwell-t3za-remix

Hey man! This is a very cool remix, I really like it! Has a nice, beachy feel to it, could easily imagine having a drink at a nice beach bar and hearing this on!

I think there are a few things that you could think about doing that would have significantly improve the overall sound quality, impact and separation of elements. As mentioned above, if you are not already, I would sidechain your non-kick elements to against the kick to ensure that they are ducking out a bit when it hits.

In addition, if you aren't already, I would EQ out the low end on your non-bassline elements, which will not only also improve with the kick coming through, but help separate your leads from your basslines. Along with this, I would consider putting your kicks in mono, along with your sub-bass layer if you have one. Also, If you haven't already, I would try using mid-side EQ (in side mode) on your bassline to remove lower bass frequencies from the sides to keep centered, which will help as well.

Finally, these should all help but you may want to consider using punchier/heavier sounding kick samples, which make it all a bit easier :)

Hope this helps man!

Would love to hear your feedback/critique on my new song below :)

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ubstep-remix-would-love-your-feedback-513998/

Last edited:
YES!!! This is super tight. The synth work is perfect and I love the soft drop a minute in. I have to agree with the people above, the drums could stick out a little more to add some drive to the track. Otherwise though, I can't imagine it being much better. The arrangement and sound design are top-notch and it keeps a groove without sounding too repetitive, I'm feeling it!

F4F - https://www.futureproducers.com/for...uth-etc/f4f-elliterate-verses-part-ii-513947/

Wow guys, seriously appreciate the feedback! I am almost embarrassed to admit how much of a production newbie I am.. I literally had to Google sidechain (yup it's that bad).. I just make tunes and do literally nothing with regard to mastering it (not through laziness, it's just I haven't learned yet and need to start as opposed to just making tracks). Robodrop, that was really in-depth feedback and I appreciate that a lot. Lots of Googling, learning and improving to be done! I don't have a strong kick to use on fl studio (I literally just use the presets and do nothing with them...). I'll need to look into trying to get better drums and mastering affiliated with that as it's definitely my weakest area!

Absolutely in love with this remix man. The intro really pulled me in. Do agree that the drums could stick out more however definitely a really good chill track!

Cheers Sean, glad you are digging it! Spread the good word. :) I actually made the song fully without and vocals and I just searched for vocals in same key and bpm and I was like, "yeeah, that actually works?!".. defo adds to it. Shame about the drums, if I could get them nailed it could be a pretty sweet track. I checked out everyone's track and added some of you on Twitter too. T3ZA.

Really enjoyed listening to this tune man, intro completely hooked me in! I like the bass levels in this and the drop especially which was like a minute in or so? good work man keep it up

Thanks Hissi, yeah I was pretty happy with that first drop and the intro.. I'll keep you guys posted here if I release some new stuff. Feel free to follow me on soundcloud/twitter etc too if you want.

melody in the beginning works well but the whole thing lacks evolution. Takes a long time to evolve + the drop doesn't bring much in terms of new elements. The sounds could also be improved and yeah, I'd put more sidechain as well as mentioned itsrga

Back